Feeling nervous and stressed before an interview is often the result of not enough preparation, but you don’t have to feel that way during your talk with the hiring manager. Take a look at these tips to ensure your big day, they will help you reach that peak level of confidence.
1. Preparation: Know as much about the corporation as possible and understand the job role previous to entering the interview. Also, use the company’s website to gather as much information as possible. Once you’re fully prepared, you have nothing to worry about.
2. Smart dress: If you are the best person for the job you must prove it and dress your best. You should dress for the interview the way you would for the job itself. If the job is unusually casual, however, you might want to show up in business-casual clothes, but it’s always better to be formal. Both men and women should choose colors like blues, browns, grays, and black, all which make a professional impression.
3. Be early: if you turn up earlier than your set interview time, it shows the interviewer that you’re super enthusiastic for the role.
4. Phone Off: before you enter the interview, make sure your phone is switched off. It looks really unprofessional if you get a text or phone call during the interview.
5. Firm Handshake: Try to invest some feeling into the handshake and small talk, a firm handshake shows that you’re both confident and capable, but don’t overdo it.
6. Smile: As soon as you meet your interviewer, give them a warm smile and give full eye contact. This way you will make them feel comfortable with you.
7. Body Language: body language is crucial during an interview. Don’t forget to keep eye contact, always try to find a balance and explain why you deserve that job, you have to show that you are confident with yourself.
8. Write Notes: it’s important to write notes during the interview, write some notes that you think might be useful to show the interviewer that you are fully focused on what they are saying.
9. Curriculum Vitae: Don’t forget to update your CV and print it to take it with you, also take a copy for yourself and the interviewer. Carry it in a professional looking case or cover, it shows pride in your work so far.
We hope these tips are helpful for you… We want to hear your comments.