Do you think you have enough years of experience and are ready to land a management role? According to The Daily Muse, a well known career website, you should ask yourself eight simple questions to make sure you are ready for this big step.
1. Let go of your “to do list.” Management is a more “hands on” and task oriented.
2. Coach your team.
3. Be accountable for your teams performance.
4. Set an example or be a role model for your team.
5. Be a great motivator.
6. Be ready to make tough calls.
7. Be there for your team in every way.
8. Celebrate team success.
Management comes with big responsibilities. This time you are not looking out for yourself, you are looking out for a team and need to be accountable for them.
References: Are You Ready To Manage?