Our global economy has changed, many companies have been affected by the ongoing pandemic and this obviously brought new challenges to different areas in organizations all over the world. One that has been considered the most affected is the HR department, but especially when it comes to recruitment. Let’s take a look on why is that.
Judene Pretti, director of the Work-Learn Institute (WxL) University of Waterloo, revealed to HRD exactly how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the face of recruitment and we think that his approach is quite accurate when it comes an evaluation of the reality we’re living right now.
He Said to HRD
“I think there were immediate concerns across many sectors about what the economic impact of COVID-19 was going to be for organizations – and those concerns impacted recruitment directly,” she prefaced.
“A significant way that COVID-19 has changed the face of recruitment is by opening up a global talent pool in ways that haven’t been fully explored. Many organizations, through forced work-from-home practices, have discovered aspects of their work that can be done effectively in a remote setting. In making that realization, organizations have opened up potential new ways to access talent.
He also mentioned that the need for technical skills and self-direction inside recruitment teams and HR departments has increased due to the challenge that the pandemic brought in just a few weeks or months. But some companies might wonder what could be the possible path to follow or maybe what strategies can be applied to create a solid mark in this new reality.
For this situation there is a top 7 for Best practices to apply when it comes to help your recruitment team improve their results and performance.
- Set Clear goals with each client
- Get as much information as you can from the market and the industry
- Get to know what are your clients offering and what are the professionals on the market looking for.
- Measure your response rate for inbound calls, in mails, emails, text messages and other strategies your team applies to reach candidates
- Create a solid digital footprint as a company using better postings on social media, and also great templates for massive contact if you are on a massive recruitment process.
- Follow up with your team about strategies that are working and the ones that are not paying off in order to improve on those. Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result and Albert Einstein said it.
- Stay up to date with new trends, platforms and systems that can help your team and your company conduct a better recruitment process, automating some of the procedures and providing a more personalized service to clients and candidate when possible.
This year has brought a certain amount of uncertainty since the very beginning but with it, also came new challenges and opportunities to grow and expand the limits of what is possible for us as human beings and members of an organization or a team in the everyday changing market. Those challenges and the new reality is what brings opportunities to develop new skills and the capacity to adapt to new environments and challenges in short periods of time.
Certainly this is not an easy process and it might look like some days everything is just harder than others, but remember no easy way takes you to the real victory you’re looking for and is the only through huge amounts of pressure that coal turns to a shiny diamond eventually.
Written by Joseph Giannandrea based on HCAMAG’s Article: How has Covid19 changed the face of recruitment
Source of the article: