Our client is a leader in the Telecommunication Industry and they are currently seeking an Account Manager – US Sales (ACM) to support and drive the expansion of the US market infrastructure and generate quantifiable growth of existing business as well as generate new business opportunities.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Extensive understanding of data services (Int’l capacity, private line, and Carrier Ethernet services, IP a plus)
- Demonstrated success in developing new business, creating opportunities and managing existing client base with recurring growth revenue between 30% and 50% per year
- Brings an established “book of business” and extensive rolodex of US Carriers and Int’l Carriers based in the US
- Successful candidate will share broad demonstrable references with key decision maker contacts at US Tier 1 Carrier organizations (such as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc.) as well as, key decision maker contacts at Int’l Carrier organizations with offices in the USA (such as TATA, DT, BT, FT, etc.)
- Must be a hunter and have a hunter mentality.
- Brings an entrepreneurship and innovative mindset to the business, and operates with an ownership drive on all areas that affect or interface within the US sales market;
- Leverages exceptional initiative and resourcefulness necessary to support US sales business by increasing client base and fostering Company’s “brand” on an ongoing basis
- Optimizes current relationships by cross-selling additional products & services and by aligning strategy to maximize the company’s reach into other markets;
- Has a proven history of consistently exceeding established objectives within US territories, using direct and indirect sales channels, methodology and expertise;
- Able to provide market insight and direction to Regional Director of Sales on market and competitor trends;
- Capitalizes on Companyt’s strength to drive product recognition in the highly competitive and commoditized International submarine capacity / transport market
- Brings a solid foundation of account management success, with exposure to multi-faceted sales force, teams, ability to actively manage the US telecommunications market
- Maximizing opportunities in territories, quotas and strategies, with emphasis on performance management
- Ability to “close” new business;
- Works with metrics to evaluate business/self-performance, forecasts opportunities, and articulates sales challenges and proposes resolutions, to maximize top quality sales deliverables
- Suggests sales strategies, based on knowledge and experience, to drive carrier / customer loyalty;
- Liaises with Company teams, and sales counterparts in aligning sales efforts, particularly Global Account Management;
- Accomplishes sales goals with Tier 1 US and Int’l Carriers, Service Providers, Virtual Network Operators, Systems Integrators, and Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), and Tier 2 / Tier 3 providers;
- Builds and maintains relationships with key decision makers within client (or potential client) organizations, key industry influencers, strategic partners, and vendors;
- Endorses Marketing & Commercial Operations organization and development/upgrade system
- Gathers and provides internally detailed customer feedback regarding our products and services;
- Represents the Company in US industry events, follows Company operations protocol and policies set the company;
- Follows Company’s pre-established sales operations procedures and company policies in all actions.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE), or equivalent, from an accredited institution or equivalent, with coursework and training supporting a strong business foundation. MBA preferred
- 10+ years of extraordinary accomplishments in telecommunications sales, including broad product knowledge as well as relevant knowledge of new concepts and market developments critical to the business
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable. Portuguese is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States of America.