The Accounts Payable Manager plays a central role in the operations of the accounting department and is responsible for training the AP team members, while focusing on improving AP processes and efficiently supports the various departments.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays knowledge of accounting month end processes, including a closing calendar.
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking and “hands-on” analytical skills.
- Must be a process-driven thinker and goal oriented with a continuous improvement mentality.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of internal control processes.
- Demonstrates a transparent communication and relationship style with employees, peers, and the CFO.
- Displays ethical behavior and business practices.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, train, develop and manage a small accounts payable team.
- Manages the end-to- end vendor invoicing process including coding invoices, processing payments, reconciling AP aging to the General Ledger, maintaining vendor master records, conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Responsible for performing AP Aging reconciliation.
- Processes accounts payable checks, wire transfers, ACH payments, and prepares the biweekly payment run for further approval by CFO and Controller.
- Ensures accurate reconciliation of all vendor accounts to vendor statements.
- Monitors the AP approval processes.
- Ensures invoice allocations are processed daily and uploaded into the accounting system.
- Participates in month-end closing, expense accruals, journal entries.
- Reviews and analyzes vendor accounts to ensure payments are Properly reflected and booked in a timely manner on a daily basis.
- Resolves invoice discrepancies as necessary.
- Expected to be subject matter expert in all Accounts Payable related matter.
- Performs ad-hoc administrative and management reporting.
Education / Training
- 10+ years of accounts payable experience, 4 of which in a manager’s role supervising direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (required).
- Experience working for a multi-location/multi- entity organization, ideally in retail, services and ecommerce.
- Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology, ideally with SAP B1.
- Experience in IT systems conversions (i.e., POS, general ledger, sub-ledger creation and reconciliation).
- Bilingual English and Spanish (preferred).