Our client is into the Pharmaceutical industry and they are currently seeking for a Associate Director of Taxes for LATAM to join their team. The main purpose of the position is to perform Tax Policy and Procedures, Tax Accounting, Transfer Pricing and Strategic Tax Planning.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting.
- Masters degree with coursework in taxation
- Five to seven years Big-4 or Public Accounting experience required including supervisory experience
- In depth knowledge of income tax accounting and reporting standards (FAS 109, FIN 48, IAS 212, FAS 123R, etc.).
- International tax compliance experience required. Experience with Brazil indirect tax .
- Experience with Oracle and/or SAP systems.
- Experience with designing and implementing a comprehensive tax workstream including provisions and compliance with standardized calculations and review processes.
- In depth working knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, lookup tables, graphs, importing, and exporting.
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team in fast-paced environment and against established deadlines.
- Experience working with multinational organizations dealing with multiple currencies; experience with Latin American markets required
- Willing to travel both domestic and international (as much as 30%).
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Required. Portuguese a plus.
- Responsible for designing and implementing a robust tax provision process for the region including standardized calculations and review processes.
- Oversee SOX compliance for tax processes in Latin America, including design and implementation of controls as well as ensure continued compliance.
- Coordinate tax compliance to ensure deadlines are met and tax payment obligations are tracked and reported to regional and global teams.
- Implement global policies and procedures for accounting for income taxes (SFAS No. 109) for the Latin American subsidiaries and ensure consistent compliance and application.
- Develop and maintain regional tool for tracking tax related risks including FIN 48, VAT, and withholding tax.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of transfer pricing policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Monitor legislative changes in tax laws that may impact the company’s tax positions and/or compliance requirements and as needed research on potential impact to the company.
- Design tax planning to optimize regional business structure and tax compliance.
- Research and draft technical memorandums to support tax strategies as needed.
- Support other tax planning projects, as needed.
- Assist in estimating and monitoring annual cash flow related to taxes.
- Assist with the U.S. tax compliance related to Latin America subsidiaries.
- Assist with tax due diligence to support mergers and acquisitionsas needed.
Education / Training
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting and Masters degree with coursework in taxation