This company is a social impact full-service agency, and public-facing multimedia production and syndication networks, deliver culturally driven marketing and communications solutions for clients who share our mission: to improve the quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
Qualifications / Requirements
The primary charge of this position is to set branding and creative direction, and lead creative strategy, messaging, messengers, and production for all of the companies brands, as well as for our clients. These clients include government, nonprofit, philanthropy, and CSR entities focused on public health, safety, environment and climate, housing, financial literacy, immigration, and civic participation/GOTV to create social impact among public and influencer audiences (both Spanish- and English-dominant).
The Branding & Creative Director will help build the visual and experiential identity of owned and client brands while collaborating with our teams to ensure it is conveyed in a timely fashion through both our corporate marketing and weekly content production.
● Lead and manage branding and creative strategy in Spanish and English for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, audio-visual production with compelling content, and new technology.
● Produce fresh, innovative branding and creative work that translates complex ideas into compelling visual design, video, digital, and print experiences for Hispanic/Latinx audiences of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds.
● Analyze brand tracking, market trends, and Hispanic/Latinx consumer needs, including vulnerable, at-risk, and underserved audiences on issues of health, education, financial literacy, housing, environment/climate, civic participation, and immigration.
● Collaborate with the marketing, affiliates, and sales departments in developing marketing plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities.
● Deliver regular outputs, including brand logo, campaign names and slogans, scripting and storyboarding, visual elements (graphic/display design and video) for multimedia campaigns, including radio and digital (display, video, websites, social media), with occasional TV and out of home elements.
● Translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative campaigns that effectively engage priority audiences and maintain consistency across all touchpoints, producing a seamless journey across multimedia while ensuring that our creative remains at the industry’s leading edge.
● Manage and guide the internal team through the entire creative process, from initiation to execution.
● Bring creativity, leadership, and mentorship to develop a small team of talented producers, engineers, writers, media relations specialists (both in-house and freelancers).
● Ability to be flexible, resourceful, and take on a variety of creative projects in a fast-moving environment.
● Create best-in-class visual brands, partake hands-on in design, manage external resources on an as-needed basis.
● Collaborate across all company teams: production, digital and social media, media and affiliate relations, client services, and business development.
● Design and implement strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve defined benchmarks and target goals, both qualitative and quantitative.
Education / Training
● 10+ years of related experience with 5+ years as senior leadership role at an advertising agency or corporate setting.
● Experience creating bilingual/bicultural marketing/advertising campaigns in Spanish and English, from developing vision and messaging, to overseeing production on time and on budget.
● Experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also knowledgeable on traditional media.
● Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives.
● Proven experience with concept development in a bicultural setting.
● Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
● Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching US Spanish-preferring and bilingual/bicultural (Millennial/Gen Z) audiences.
● Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Art, Marketing or any related field.
● Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
● Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
● Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation and creativity.