Our client provides financial services to their clients since 1952, offering a wide array of personal and business banking products designed to meet all customer needs.
They are currently looking for a BSA Analyst to join their team!
You will be performing various quality control reviews and monitoring pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Program, OFAC, and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained daily; and assist the Director of Regulatory Risk/BSA/AML Officer in the implementation of all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act compliance program.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 4-year degree in Business Administration or related fields is preferred.
- Certification in ACAMS or the FIBA AMLCA is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of BSA/AML experience and retail banking operations.
- Basic knowledge of lending and operations products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to proactively identify and assess potential concerns and risks
- Ability to resolve issues, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and adaptability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, Intranet and BSA/AML applications software including ECS Monitoring System.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
- Conduct surveillance analysis. Research and resolve alerts and conduct investigations generated by the BSA monitoring system.
- Analyze account activity for suspicious patterns, conducts suspicious activity report investigations, and recommends when to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Perform review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity; determines if transactions are suspicious in nature, such as kiting, significant changes in balances, cash structuring in deposits, loans payments, trust reviews, RDC trends and certificate of deposit purchases, wire or ACH transfers, monetary instrument sales, new account openings, etc.
- Conduct loan packages Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) background checks.
- Assist with New Account Business Risk Profiles reviews. Ensure that customer profiles are completed for all new accounts (Retail, Trust and Private Banking) and updates are done in a timely manner.
- Perform validation of the daily OFAC suspects and Bi-weekly 314(a) and 311 requests for information.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of all Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) within required timeframes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.