Our client is in the Banking Industry and they are currently looking for a BSA Investigator to join their growing team.
Qualifications / Requirements
The BSA/AML Investigator is responsible for managing a caseload of investigations and/or high risk account enhanced due diligence [HRA-EDD] reviews. Perform analysis and follow-up on cases from beginning to completion according to the bank’s BSA/AML Program.
- Responsible for communicating with internal and external entities, members of the sales team and other of the bank’s BSA/AML monitoring units.
- Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Conduct research over available Bank systems, the Internet and Databases consistent with the resolution of investigations.
- Write and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required.
- Interact with Senior Management on the Compliance, Legal and business sectors concerning BSA/AML issues.
- Document and report the investigation findings and prepare case files for review (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches, etc.)
- Document all research and analysis conducted in the Case Management System.
- Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Liaise with other of the bank’s units, such as Business and Compliance teams, Legal, and Law Enforcement.
- Triage cases and identify items appropriate for escalation to Senior Management.
- May provide direction to junior staff, such as training and mentoring regarding BSA Investigations and/or the EDD high risk account review process.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the BSA/Compliance area.
- Advance knowledge of BSA monitoring skills.
- Must be Bilingual – English and Spanish