Our client is a leading provider of construction training and DBE Supportive Service, delivering the essential skills and critical knowledge that you need to be successful in the construction industry.
They are seeking a Construction Advisor to work with existing small business owners to improve their operations and grow their businesses.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Background in civil construction, including road and highway construction
- Must have a broad base of business knowledge
- Experience with road and highway construction
- Must be a creative thinker able to assist small businesses with problem-solving
- Must have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Self-motivated, adaptable, energetic, and comfortable with public speaking and presenting.
- Project management skills is a PLUS
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a PLUS
As Business Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Understanding the operating positions of small construction-related businesses
- Developing operationalization strategies to improve probabilities of business success
- Providing technical assistance and individualized counseling to business owners, including assistance with the development of business plans
- Delivering weekly webinar workshops.