Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employs over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Business Controls and SOX Manager. This role will be an integral part of the company’s Business Controls Group, a team which aims to provide practical hands-on support to all their operations to enable them to design, implement, stabilize and optimize their internal controls.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Established IT risk and controls specialist with experience in a similar internal audit/internal controls/business controls/service function and/or one of the Big 4 firms specializing in IT risk/assurance and Revenue Assurance
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Qualified CISA/CISM, CISSP, CIA or equivalent professional qualification.
- Experience of working in a complex multinational and multicultural corporate environment.
- Telecom’s and technology experience are highly desirable as is experience working in emerging markets.
Required technical skills and experience
- Detailed understanding of internal processes and controls, governance and risk management with a specialism for IT operations/Secuirty/ITGCs and revenue recognition
- Excellent working knowledge of SOX 404 requirements, processes, documentation and remediation
- Strong technical and functional knowledge of IT controls including configuration and automated controls, change management, logical access, IT operations and Disaster Recovery. Millicom currently operates across a number of different ERP platforms although Oracle eBS and SAP are the main ones
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- You will be required to provide evidence to demonstrate your ability to enable process change and how you have personally delivered improved internal controls
Communication, leadership and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills – fluent English and Spanish essential
- Tenacity, commitment and personal drive to deliver whatever it takes
- Proactively liaise with peers across corporate functions, partner with colleagues across our LATAM markets and with external consultants
- The ability to communicate in both written and oral formats to CXO level
- People management – ability to influence, cajole, direct where appropriate. Ability to judge when to support, when to intervene and when to escalate
- Relationship management and business partnering skills – proven experience of building, developing and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders, especially senior management. Also, with external service providers and consultants
- Root cause analysis – understanding an issue or complex problem, the key drivers behind it, then working with the process owners to define and action plan and support the implementation of a sustainable solution
- Project management and scoping of work plans
- Attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
The role will be based in Miami and will report to the VP of Group Business Controls team. International travel (mainly within Central and South America) will be required, up to 40%.
You will be responsible to manage one direct report and will have a network of internal control/SOX professionals in each country with dotted line reporting.
Process and control improvement:
- Work with the VP of Business Controls and other team members to develop and execute a program of process and control improvement
- Define and develop IT and revenue process and control activities (including the definition of the Internal Control Manual and SOX Risk and Control Matrixes)
- Evaluate the control design, implementation and operating effectiveness through management testing programs and through self-assessment campaigns and the coordination/execution of walkthroughs and testing campaigns
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure that control design improvements are implemented in accordance with agreed timelines
- Be an ambassador for process improvement across all businesses; promote sharing of knowledge and best practice between businesses
- Undertake ad-hoc controls and assurance projects as required
- Liaise with other internal and external assurance providers as part of the Group’s overall assurance framework, in particular Chief Technology and Information Officer, internal and external audit teams, Group Revenue Assurance, the ERP Centre of Excellence …
Monitor and report:
- Analyse and review the results of the self-assessment campaigns, walkthrough and testing exercises: clear root cause, action plans, follow timely delivery of corrective, preventive and improvement actions
- Provide input into the Group’s Internal Control manual and Risk and Control Matrixes