Our client provides digital video solutions that protect businesses and drive their bottom line. In close to 30 years, the company has grown from a family-run business into a global brand and a leader in designing, manufacturing, and supplying digital video solutions for today’s security industry.
They are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team!
You’ll be working within an established market segment will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing sales efforts in the assigned segment, primarily through relationships with technology partners, integrators, and end-users. The BDM’s task is to grow sales within this segment while also creating a stronger market presence and promoting a new division of sales within the company which specializes in subscription-based sales.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Education: College or university diploma/degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales/support in the QSR industry or security-related sales
- Experience and knowledge about recurring revenue models and similar SaaS type sales.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Fast, independent learning style required
- Multi-lingual would be an asset
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Active database within the region would be an asset
- An ability to understand and adapt to the corporate culture of the customers being serviced
- Analytic and forward-looking (cognitive ability)
- Develop new leads and establish new accounts within assigned segment
- Identify, evaluate and understand potential customers and market segment
- Attend and represent the organization at industry-specific events
- Establish an appropriate call cycle to ensure that all accounts are visited with appropriate frequency and are supported thoroughly
- Work with your manager to develop sales strategies within the various market segments depending on the company goals
- Set up meetings with clients to explain benefits, value added of company’s products as a total business solution
- Deliver product demonstration and presentation to customer’s key decision makers at various levels across customer organization
- Coordinate sales efforts with other departments involved in providing sales and service to the customer including Finance, Marketing, Customer Support, Technical Support, Operations, Engineering and other pertinent departments.
- Maintain technical knowledge of product line through involvement with research & development, engineering, manufacturing and technical service.
- Gather competitive information by account identifying issues, opportunities and recommended action for each target market
- Prepare and submit quarterly forecast
- Meets established sales quotas 
Target specific verticals, segments & regions as assigned from time to time to develop effective channel partners/dealers/integrators for the company, to grow product & services & subscriptions portfolio.
- Be able to understand customer/business financials to analyze the ROI and impacts on customer’s bottom line/operations.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including the CMS (Cloud Managed Solutions) teams in order to develop and provide the solutions and reporting that customers need.
- Develop and provide relevant training to customer executive and user levels