Our client is a leader in the Telecommunication Industry and they are currently seeking a Business Development / Special Projects Manager to build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships for deals/projects that require non-standard services/product portfolio.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Extensive understanding of data services (Int’l capacity, private line, and Carrier Ethernet services, IP a plus), and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Demonstrated success in developing new business, creating opportunities and managing existing client base with recurring growth revenue between 30% and 50% per year
- Strong knowledge of Latin American market and Proven experience in Telecom Subsea Market and successful project leading.
- Ability to manage projects and coordinate deliverables from various support departments to deliver on-time results.
- Able to understand complex business finance concepts, e.g., margins and calculations, NPV, IRR, EVA, payback, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, etc. in an international setting dealing with foreign currencies.
- Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Presentation Skills.
- Locate and propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners and existing customers; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Uncover new potential markets and opportunities for the sales force to uncover new sales opportunities. Find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with key stakeholders.
- Project Management of Special deals from inception to implementation. Liaison between finance, commercial operations, engineering and marketing and sales. Projects includes:
- Subsea or terrestrial projects that involve potential future expansion of network.
- Special projects that involve an existing customer to develop or sell a new solution for non-standard products across segments and markets.
- Provides pre, during, and post-sales support on strategic projects in the region in order to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Interacts and assists the Sales Directors in order to capitalize on new opportunities that are added in the Sales funnel.
- Identifies opportunities ideas by researching the submarine cable industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking competitor’s moves within the Americas marketplace.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products.
- Assist with other projects such as M&A
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with coursework and training supporting a strong business foundation. MBA preferred
- 10+ years in telecommunications sales, including broad product knowledge as well as relevant knowledge of new concepts and market developments critical to the business
- Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Market Knowledge, Project Management
- Fluency in English/Spanish required, Portuguese a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)