Our client, a Luxurious Boutique Hotel, is currently looking for a Chief Engineer, oversees all aspects of engineering operations including emergency programs, energy management, asset protection, preventive maintenance and repairs to equipment, structures and grounds. Directs engineering’s accounting/budgeting, asset protection, and inventory control. The Chief Engineer directs all operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards and local, state and national regulations.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Hotel Maintenance and/or 3 + Engineering experience.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and training.
- Spanish proficiency strongly preferred
- Quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals.
- Short and long-term planning and day-to-day operations.
- Recommends the Engineering budget, business plan, capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives.
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Requests and coordinate bids, quotes, and contracts for third-party vendors.
- Install or repair sheetrock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures. Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs, and fixtures.
- Install, replace and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis and complete work orders as necessary; keep accurate records of PM’s on all rooms and equipment. Maintain the building exterior and “curb appeal” of entire hotel grounds.
- Refurbish, paint and finish furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Test, examine and maintain the hotel’s life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records and coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations, and general maintenance skills required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Demonstrates commitment to those goals through; work ethic, integrity, and respect for the Company and associates. Unites associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed those goals.