Our Client is a leader and trusted Retailer in the United States. They are looking for a Chief Financial Officer, who can contribute and support the business’s improvement by developing efficient operating structures and processes and driving financial accountability throughout the business.
Qualifications / Requirements
- University degree (preferably in business, economics or accounting)
- Accounting qualification or Masters in Business (Preferred)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- ERP systems (SAP)
- BI tools (Cognos TM1, QlikView, SAP BI)
- Fluent in English
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal financial controls and risk management processes across all operations aligned with the Companies Minimum Control Standards.
- Develop the focus and capability of the business controlling (commercial finance/F&A) team to provide analysis and insight and effective partnership to commercial teams.
- Provide regular and accurate reporting on financial performance compliant with IFRS and the Company’s Accounting Policies to the Finance Team.
- Lead the business’s budget planning and forecasting processes.
- Ensure the Company delivers against budgets, forecasts, business and strategic plans.
- Works closely with the Management Team to update and improve business processes and identify further business planning developments to ensure continuous improvement in line with the strategy.
- Support the overall profitability of the Company; ensure that the P&L and cash flow are achievable, monitoring performance against targets and identifying where performance may be at risk and driving corrective actions where necessary.
- Manage the financial reporting, accounting and systems and work closely with the controller teams to ensure the frameworks are in place;
- Take a leadership role to ensure that audit and compliance requirements under local GAAP and IFRS are met, liaising with the Finance Team, external auditors, tax advisors, lawyers and banks;
- Comply with tax laws and regulations and for optimizing the tax expenses within the local tax jurisdiction, aligned with the Group’s international group tax planning and the local tax laws.
- Management and development of Organizational IT platforms and projects, in particular SAP implementation.
- Previous experience as CFO or Finance Director within a retail or Fast-moving consumer goods business;
- Prior exposure to a complex retail or multi-site outlet and franchisee structure (preferred).
- Track record of delivering commercial contribution to drive business performance and improved company-wide decision-making.
- Track record of delivering sustained profitable growth.
- Technical experience with financial systems and accounting standards, understanding of treasury, tax, financial control, financial reporting, audit, risk/insurance and procurement.
If you consider yourself a strong and determined leader, with great problem solving and creative skills, and commercial acumen we encourage you to apply to this position