Our client is a full-service Architecture and Engineering firm offering a full range of services all in-house. The firm is dedicated to providing total solutions for national and local corporate/franchise programs for the restaurant, retail, hospitality, and commercial industries.
They are currently looking for a Civil Project Engineer to join their team and to bring his/her knowledge and experience to successfully develop a project in Orlando, FL.
This is a great opportunity to grow and to work with high-end clients in a stable company.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BS in Civil Engineering is required
- 5-8 years of prior engineering design experience.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Confident presentation skills for public hearings as required and the ability to travel as needed.
- A mid-level design position
- Possess an acceptable level of design knowledge with little direction from an upper-level Project Manager.
- Demonstrates ability to design all above and underground utility systems including water, sanitary sewer gravity systems, storm water collection systems, gas, electric and telephone.
- Perform grading design for projects with input from upper-level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s).
- Provides coordination with Permitting Department staff in responding to agency comments and resubmittal to those agencies. Final input still required from upper-level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s).
- Coordinates with other company departments to incorporate necessary information into project documents.
- Receives project information from upper-level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s) or client for use in project drawings.
- Assists in construction administration including shop drawing review and response to requests for information.
- Works with upper-level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s) to provide the appropriate level of customer service based on client needs.
- Demonstrates ability to work on several projects at a time while maintaining the project schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.