Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Cloud IT Infrastructure Manager, to join their team in Coral Gables, FL.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Leading the company through a multi-year transformation to an Optimized Cloud Environment for Telecom, IT and B2B that leverages IaaS, PaaS, SaaS within an effective cloud architecture.
- Delivering a transformed operation enabling a more cost effective and agile business, able to respond quickly to new demands and changes within the competitive landscape.
- Owning the successful transition to Cloud, run agreed common platforms and run the Cloud Centre of Excellence that advises and guides regional & local implementations.
- Acting as the technical expert for all new systems purchases when it comes to hosting the latter in the cloud.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
Qualifications / Requirements
You must have considerable exposure & competence in the following technical areas:
- Public cloud – Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Private/hybrid cloud – Deployment experience in VMWare, Hyper-V, XenServer, OpenStack environments leveraging the ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM & XEN hypervisors
- Private cloud infrastructure (IaaS) – compute & storage design. Converged infrastructure design & deployment leveraging Fiber Channel & iSCSI SAN & SDS
- PaaS – AppScale, Google AppEngine, AzureSQL, Heroku, OpenShift, Amazon RDS, Amazon CloudFront
- SaaS – designing, developing, deploying, supporting & integrating SaaS platforms to large corporate clients.
- Network virtualization – SDN, NFV, routing switching & firewalling, LAN & WAN design principles. IPv4 & IPv6 experience. Subnetting, supernetting, compression, WAN optimization.
- Identity Management – On premise active directory, Azure AD. AWS IAM, Oracle OIM
- Cloud monitoring & administration – Experience of evaluating, deploying & configuring cloud metering & monitoring tools. Azure Monitor, Amazon CloudWatch, experience of writing & executing PowerShell to manage workloads across Azure, AWS & Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud app development methodologies – RAD, DevOps, DSDM, V-model, Scrum, Kanban
- Web services – experience designing & deploying SOAP & REST API’s
- Messaging – Azure ServiceBus, BizTalk, Amazon SQS
- UCaaS – experience of leading the deployment of Unified Communications platforms in multi-national organizations. Office 365, Sharepoint, Skype for business design & deployment a minimum
- Fault tolerance – replication, failover clustering, load balancing, active-active high availability, multi-region hyper-scale applications.
And highly competent in the following areas:
- Project & program management – Prince2 & MSP certified. Proven track record of driving transformational change across multi-function organizations.
- Service management – ITILv3 practitioner. Service design & service transition
- Extensive architecture design experience – in large multi-national enterprises covering solutions, infrastructure, enterprise and data aspects;
- Containerization – Experience and understanding of how containerization forms part of a cloud approach;
- Experience (on-premise and cloud) of building and running 24/7 highly reliable operations distributed across multiple countries;
- Detailed knowledge of security and privacy aspects of multi country physical and cloud systems, including working within regulatory constraints around data sovereignty;
- Proven ability to analyze and resolve complex technical problems.
- Working understanding of how AI, VR/AR, IoT & other emerging trends can help drive and shape a cloud strategy
- Working understanding of Big data analytics & business intelligence
- Own the Cloud pillar of the group’s overall technology strategy and become the central source of cloud strategy knowledge for all technology initiatives.
- Mentor, guide and govern the cloud teams throughout the group, leveraging and developing existing skillsets to deliver the technology vision with the overall goal to meet the group’s financial targets.
- Ensure that emerging trends and disruptive technologies are leveraged in the group’s technology strategy and that the technology teams are kept abreast of market developments and market leading technologies.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with business teams to analyze short, medium and long term benefits. Form strong and lasting relationships with senior execs to build a trustful engagement that emphasizes the initiative’s benefits while making sure the plans focus on the business’ true priorities. Work with regional architecture, engineering and delivery leadership and teams to define policy, standards, guidelines, target architecture, design patterns, technology choices, tools, operational approach and KPIs.
- Get deep engagement with execution & operational teams to gain true understanding of issues and progress. Build implementation plans and approach for short, medium and long term transition. Work with procurement to identify and engage vendors. Work with HR to identify skills / training needs and organization changes to underpin the strategy. Work with finance to cost plans and bring compelling business cases to executive committees and boards. Manage and deliver to plans and budget over the long term.
- Lead the creation of a common platform and the overall transformation to a cloud-enabled business with greater agility and strong cost benefit structure. Develop the team that will own the platform and become the Centre of Excellence helping projects and functions gain the benefits of the new platform.
Operational Framework design
- Develop a target operating model and instigate a transformation program to ensure that the benefits of the target reference architecture and operating model are fully realized.
- Track the operational changes and benefits against the cloud strategy and ensure that the business maintains a focused, yet agile devotion to meeting the objectives of the overall strategy.
- Ensure that the teams in all countries are fully aligned and maintain ownership over the transformation plans and that the benefits for all countries are clearly identified as well as at group level.
- 10 years+ experience in senior IT leadership roles, focused on cloud technology strategy