Our client, a company that specializes chemicals manufacturing and distribution, is looking for a Compliance Coordinator to be responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling the company’s Environment Health Safety & Security (EHSS) and Human Resources (HR) compliance.
- Research compliance regulations and institute changes to ensure the company’s compliance with all applicable regulations and standards (EPA, OSHA, BIS, FDA, DEA, DHS, DOT).
- Conduct safety and compliance audits on personnel, equipment, and materials.
- Evaluate, assess and alter safety procedures and policies.
- Prepare, conduct, and track safety and compliance training for employees.
- Track incidents and apply findings.
- Lead injury and incident investigations.
- Develops and recommends new procedures and approaches to safety and loss prevention
- Measures and evaluates effectiveness of safety program, using established goals.
- Maintains required records.
- Maintain job descriptions, post openings, and interview and hire new employees.
- Track employee PTO.
- Manages employee orientation, development, and training.
- Works with PEO to ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- NACD code coordinator.
- Manages regulatory agencies (review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to interpret their meaning and determine their impact on the company).
- Investigate/ monitors company activities to ensure compliance with current laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations.
- Establishes guidelines for procedures and policies that comply with new and revised regulations and direct their implementation.
- Recognize and respond to community concerns about chemical handling, storage. etc.
- Make EHSS considerations a priority in our planning for all existing and new operations.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety and Health Management, Engineering, or related field.
- 2 +years related experience or training.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.