Customer Service / Traffic Coordinator
Doral, Miami, FL
You are fully committed to providing the highest possible standards of customer service and support. You exceed client’s expectations by coordinating and communicating the dispatching and deliveries for customs brokerage shipments. You will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring shipment status from document receipt through the delivery and closure of a shipment file. Continuing to apply our Cargo Concierge philosophy, you are a key player in the success and peace of mind of our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure all shipments have been fully released prior to dispatching
- Resolve and troubleshoot discrepancies
- Payment of fees: terminals, exam fees, freight charges
- Communicate release information timely to internal and external parties
- Coordinate dispatching and deliveries including checking shipment availability, preparing delivery orders, bookings with trucking companies, monitoring shipment pickups, deliveries, timely update of all mandatory tracking events per global and customer SOPs, ensure empty containers are returned to port
- Identify all billable services related to exams, deliveries, storage, detention, demurrage and update billing documentation and or systems
- Develop strong relationship with internal/external customers and understand our expectations on all customer service and performance issues to ensure the delivery of a consistently high quality product
- Follow-up with internal and external parties to resolve inquiries/service issues
- Customer liaison providing shipment status, follow-up and answering operational related questions.
- Liaise with service providers, customs, carriers, trucking companies and others as required
- Interface with peers, colleagues, supervisors and management
- Ability to think outside of the box and offer effective solutions
- Proactively identify potential issues and work to resolve quickly
- Contribute to team effort by assisting other team members in accomplishing individual and company goals.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 years’ experience in the international freight industry.
- High-school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Ability to manage pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external).
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Attend to high volume incoming phone calls & emails, extensive follow-up and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills.
- Team player
- Must be detail oriented and accurate when processing documentation
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic and self-driven
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills (proactive and reactive)
Benefits And Compensation
- Exceptional Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Supplemental benefits, including Life, Short-term Disability and Medical Insurance plans
- 401k with Employer match
- Family and team-oriented company culture
- Continuous Improvement through various training activities including instructor-led classes, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring.
- Competitive Salary; commensurate with experience
We have been the premier family-owned global transportation, warehousing, customs brokerage, and logistics solution for businesses worldwide for over 40 years. We are recognized by our clients and the Logistics/Supply Chain industry by providing concierge-level service to our clients for all their cargo needs.
Apply with your resume to join our team today!