Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employs over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Device Home Specialist.
Core Objective positions
Standardization of planning and Engineering
- Create and maintain standardized engineering processes and guidelines
- Standardize network design rules and criteria
- Define unified external plant installation standards and practices
- Standardize capacity planning and dimensioning templates
- Maintain network deployment and expansion kits catalog with P&SC
- Produce and analyze engineering reporting and KPIs (capacity and efficiency)
Fix Technology Strategy
- Building Home Technology Strategy aligned to Company Strategy (HFC, FTTx, DTH)
- Support Operations to turn Group Technology Strategy it into a Local Technical Plan
- Track execution of Technical Plans per country and alignment vs Group Roadmap
- Provide deep knowledge and industry expertise of, thought leadership and consultative insights to design, development, and implementation of strategic plans
- Contribute to consumer satisfaction improvement plans
- Build a strong relationship with Business, Customer Operations, OT and IT departments to ensure the alignment of the Technology Plans with business objectives and customer needs
Device Portfolio Strategy
- Building Device Strategy aligned to the Company’s Strategy, across all segments and categories to contribute strategic goals.
- Analyze opportunities for STB and BBI devices in the market that are relevant for Latam and satisfy consumer needs and offers.
- Work with Consumer Understanding/Marketing team to review and use existing customer insights to improve device selection.
- Coordinate with procurement on quarterly vendor workshops to evaluate new devices.
- Present devices solutions to management and seek approval for testing and purchasing.
- Lead implementation of regional homologation and testing of devices process.
- Contribute to consumer satisfaction expectative.
- Build a strong relationship with Customer Operations, OT and IT departments in order to fulfill their processes and policies.
- Ensure that products and services fulfill customer expectation
- Actively participate, directly or through the Factory team, to the company’s different cross-fertilization initiatives.
- Crystallize all possible synergies around, platforms and resources between the different business areas (Convergence)
- Ability to Work in a fast moving, highly competitive business environment
Test and Certificate
- Lead the application pre-installation process.
- Work with vendors and application developers to ensure quality and fast device roll out.
- Co-Responsible for Time to market and device roll out.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to easily integrate into a multicultural, fast-moving and highly competitive environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable working with senior execs in C-Suite, communicating well and inspiring confidence;
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, highly competitive business environment.
- Outstanding team player with a positive attitude and the ability to lead experts in geographically distributed teams
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Combination of technology, business acumen and delivery experience from technology strategy to in-life operation at scale;
- Clear strategic thinker with the ability to think laterally and then translate this into proposals which are clearly communicated and easily understandable by business leaders and the technical community;
- Demonstrated experience of leading actual, virtual, matrix and global teams of technical architects and gaining strong credibility within the technical community;
- Proven vendor relationship management experience;
- Ability to present TCO models for multiple cable technology solutions
- Demonstrate good project management skills.
- Manage good relationships.
- Creative thinker with an open mind to learn and explore new areas and opportunities.
Functional – Technology leadership
- Own the Cable technology strategy pillar and become the central source of cable strategy knowledge for all technology initiatives covering Home/Wired Access domains.
- Define regional policy, standards, guidelines, target architecture, design patterns, technology choices, tools, operational approach, and KPIs.
- Provide regional architecture, engineering and delivery leadership in wired access and devices area
- Ensure that emerging trends and disruptive technologies are leveraged in the group’s technology strategy and that the technology teams are kept abreast of market developments and market-leading technologies.
- Build regional implementation plans and approach for short, medium and long term transition.
- Track the regional network changes against the cable strategy and ensure that the regional cable team maintains a focused execution to meeting the objectives of the overall cable strategy.
- Ensure the implementation in the region of the disruptive projects that have been led by Region, to guarantee the timely implementation in the network.
- Work with regional business teams to analyze short, medium and long term solution benefits.
- Get deep engagement with execution & operational teams to gain true understanding of issues and progress.
- Work with global procurement to identify and engage vendors.
- Work with HR to identify skills/training needs and organization changes to underpin the strategy.
- Work with Finance to cost plans and bring compelling business cases to executive committees and boards.
- Form strong and lasting relationships with senior execs to build a trustful engagement that emphasizes the initiative’s benefits while making sure the plans focus on the business’ true priorities.
- Interface with OpCos Engineering Directors and broader engineering teams, regional and local B2B team, vendors/suppliers.
- Mentor, guide and govern the home technology teams throughout the group, leveraging and developing existing skillsets to deliver the technology vision with the overall goal to meet the group’s financial targets.
- Develop the regional team that will own the platform and become the Centre of Excellence helping projects and functions gain the benefits of the new platform.
- Ensure that the teams in all countries are fully aligned and maintain ownership over the transformation plans and that the benefits for all countries are clearly identified as well as at group level.
- Inspire, motivate and facilitate the achievement of team objectives.
Ingredients for Success:
- Leading by Connecting: Connect people; stimulate collaboration and growth in teams across functions, operations, and different cultures. Share experience and knowledge that leads to a learning organization, creating sustainable expertise which drives the development of people. Be comfortable with a multicultural and fast-paced environment.
- Leading by Delivery: Anticipate situations and take initiative to overcome them. The result is a swift and on time delivery of qualitative and quantitative results.
- Leading by Vision: Communicates the vision of the company including new ideas. Encourages people to share ideas and knowledge.
- Leading by Change: From embracing change until leading and facilitating the implementation of change. Communicates change in such a way that people understand it. The end result is an on-time implementation of change projects and actions while maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment.
- Leading by Owning: Take responsibility for own results as well as for company results and values. Stimulate this attitude in others, make co-workers accountable. The end result is pro-activity, creativity and motivation: capable people who take ownership.
Education / Training
- Degree in Engineering or Telecommunication with previous senior experience in and Fixed operator
8+ years of relevant professional experience in fixed network technology planning and strategy with considerable exposure and competence in several of the following areas:
- Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks
- DOCSIS protocol, especially DOSCIS 3.0/D3.1
- Centralized and Distributed Architectures, R-PHY, R-MACPHY
- Fiber plant (underground, ADSS), FTTx, xPON (GPON, 10GPON, EPON)
- CMTS/CCAP/OLT planning and design
- HFC/FTTx External Plant design, deployment, capacity management
- Satellite broadcasting, DTH
- Cable Modems, eMTAs, STB, MoCA
- Doscis Provisioning system (Firmwares, data Packages, etc)
- Wi-Fi deployment, optimization, planning, management
- TR-069, TR-181, SNMP protocols
- Telephony protocols, PacketCable, SIP
- Demand Management, DOCSIS and IP Capacity Planning
- Network Management Systems
- Network Synchronization
- Network availability and resiliency
- Quality of Service in DOCSIS Networks
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
In addition, the successful candidate is expected to be highly competent in the following areas:
- Proven record to manage Equipment Telecommunication suppliers
- Budget, CAPEX and OPEX analysis: Yearly, 5 Year plans