Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employs over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Director Corporate Finance to be responsible for the negotiation and execution of financing activities across the group and to work with stakeholders from Finance, Tax and Legal both centrally and in-market.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to easily integrate in a multicultural and fast-paced environment.
- Prepared to travel to Central and South America upon business needs.
Within the Global Treasury Department, the responsibilities are:
- The negotiation and execution of financing activities for the group centrally and on behalf of the group’s subsidiaries.
- The negotiation and execution of hedging activities to further align the assets and liabilities by currencies and protect the company from the financial risks arising from the balance sheet/capital structure.
- Proposing and exploring new alternative source of funding for short term and long term needs of the business; including to improve working capital management.
- Managing the working capital improvement opportunity project for the treasury area.
- Structuring, often complex transactions with the input from many areas of Finance, Tax and Legal for a successful execution.
- Leading the legal support for the Treasury Department, including drafting and negotiation of legal documents, and assessment and mitigation of legal risks.
Education / Training
- Engineer degree or Master degree in Finance (graduate or post graduate, MBA a plus).
- Legal degree (JD or equivalent).
- 10 + years of relevant experience in the field of Corporate Finance, either from a bank or working in a corporate finance department of a multinational company.
- Strong legal experience (at least “senior associate” level at a leading law firm) regarding credit agreements, bond documents, and other Finance documents.
Ingredients for success:
- Leading by Connecting: Connect people; stimulate collaboration and growth in teams across functions, operations, and different cultures. Share experience and knowledge that leads to a learning organization, creating sustainable expertise which drives the development of people and innovative products.
- Leading by Delivery: Anticipate situations and take initiative to overcome them. The result is a swift and on time delivery of qualitative and quantitative results.
- Leading by Vision: From analyzing the situation inside and outside the company and seeing opportunities until communicating the vision of the company including new ideas for sustainable business strategies, products, services and ways of working. The end result is an inspiring vision on how to succeed in our markets with our consumers in the center.
- Leading by Change: From embracing change until leading and facilitating the implementation of change and handling of resistance for senior people. The end result is an on-time implementation of change projects and actions while maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment.
- Leading by Owning: Take responsibility for own results as well as for company results and values. Stimulate this attitude in others, make co-workers accountable. The end result is pro-activity, creativity and motivation: capable people who take ownership.