Our Client is a leader and trusted optical Retailer in the United States. Fortunately right now they are looking for a high level and energetic Director of Sales, to Provide leadership, coordination and general direction to the stores field organization. Oversees end to end field execution of strategic direction in the US.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Includes lifting up to 25 lbs.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, co-workers and company. Must be able to exchange accurate and understood information in these situations.
- Travel 50-75% via car or airplane.
- Enable execution
- Strategic execution focus.
- Serve as a point person for delivering streamlined and brand consistent messages across functional areas.
- Lead a culture of alignment.
- Delivers the desired results of the organization (including sales, profit, and customer satisfaction/loyalty/retention as well as key KPIs).
- Ensures stores deliver the brand experience consistently to each customer.
- Identify, assess, calibrate, recruit and develop talent at the field and store level.
- Create a vibrant pipeline of brand right talent for the organization (retail and Doctor).
- Meet EBITA requirements, brand standards (profit, labor, shrink, cost control).
- Establish sales budgets.
- Serve as critical strategy planning liaison between Corporate and the field organization.
- Support and recommend the implementation of new business development initiatives.
- Build strategic execution plans with measures and disciplined time lines.
- Ensures all operating policies and procedures are followed at the highest level.
- Establishes a culture that embraces diversity and maximizes the learnings from a diverse workforce.
- Ensure each facility’s exterior and interior are maintained in proper repair and in a clean and attractive condition.
- Ensure stores maintain merchandise displays in a clean and attractive fashion and lens and price changes are implemented promptly and accurately.
- Recommend changes in stock to respond to sales trends, industry technical and fashion trends.
- Conduct competitive market analysis to stay abreast of current activities.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with employees.
- Generate new incremental business. (Grow Organic YOY sales).
- Locate potential new store sites and partner with Expansion/Real Estate team to ensure effective new store openings.
- Coach, develop and train Regional Managers in all aspects of job function including delivering sales and KPIs.
- Lead compliance to ensure that all stores complies with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Project a positive attitude toward all company objectives and directives; demonstrate teamwork at all times, including attendance at staff meetings and other training or company functions as required.
Education / Training
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience (required)
- Master’s degree in business (preferred).
- Knowledgeable of computer software such as MS Office Suite.
- 10-12+ years management experience.
- 1+ years operations experience.
- Proven track record of delivering the organizations results.
- Previous experience as Regional Manager or Director of Sales.
This position is responsible for directing and developing the short-term and long term operating plans and tactical execution. The mission is to achieve financial goals, quality standards of excellence and customer satisfaction within all regions and stores. Communication responsibilities include identification and conveyance of operation issues and field support requirements to corporate management.