Our client, a Full-service Hotel, is currently looking for a Director of Sales & Marketing, someone with a strong background and experience in the Hospitality Industry, and ideally working in the Miami International Airport area.
The Director is responsible for rental revenue, yield strategies, implementation, market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal business mix targets. Strategies will include pricing, status, direct sales, market mix, marketing, and public relations.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to bring portfolio of accounts to the hotel within 3 months.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, and property management systems such as Opera.
- Prepares Sales Reports and annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Creates an effective Sales Programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the Hotel, its activities, culinary services, and personnel.
- Knowledge of the travel industry, current market trends, and economic factors
- Prepare the marketing, advertising, sales plans, programs, and annual budget; manages within approved plans and budgets
- Develop rates, group sales deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis, and mix management.
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all situations.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May participate in Manager on Duty Program
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields: Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, etc.
- +5 years of sales and marketing in the luxury hotel industry.