If you are looking for the opportunity to grow and to take your career to the next level, this is for you.
Our client is an offshore cloud solution provider based in Nassau, Bahamas, and right now they are looking for an Enterprise Architect.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 10+ years of prior database expertise is prerequisite and working within a service provider for more than 5 years will be considered highly advantageous.
- Computer related degree or certifications (i.e., Oracle – OCM, OCE, OCS, or MCSE, RHCSE, VCP, VCAP, and other database or Bigtable certification) is an advantage.
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail.
- Data modeling experience within the Financial Services and Government domains using Oracle 11/12.
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Analyze on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations from physical to virtualized Cloud practices.
- Expert level knowledge of high availability and server tuning including parameters, resources, contention, etc. for complex highly distributed architectures.
- Experience with information management technologies, such as data warehouse and data mining.
- Broad technical knowledge, leadership and organization skills, creativity and technical vision.
- Experience with enterprise data integration strategies.
- Familiar with n-tier application architecture.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Experience effectively interacting with large application development and delivery teams and application development managers who are providing full life-cycle application support in complex, heterogeneous environments.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance.
- Works with organizational leadership to design, develop, and deliver new products and services to market that provide clients with quality, agility and value.
- Sets standards for database administration, ensuring that procedures exist and are followed for all routine database administration activities in alignment to industry best practice.
- Manages database configuration(s) including installing and upgrading software servers and application tools, ensuring that all standard procedures are observed, applying fixes, and maintaining supplier and user documentation.
- Monitors trends in database activity and ensures efficient access to data, working with data analysis and database design functions where appropriate. Initiates regular exercises to optimize database performance.
- Manages database resources, including allocation of system storage. Working with the capacity management function, plans for future storage requirements, and prepares cases for additional resources.
- Ensures that database problems are investigated, diagnosed and resolved, referring to database users, other staff and suppliers as necessary.
- Contributes to the setting of standards for database objects (e.g. naming conventions and good practices) and ensures conformance to these standards.
- Works with the technology leadership of the organization, peers, and colleagues to define policies for future database development, and related functional areas such as system and data security.
- Works with application developers, support staff and external software vendors to troubleshoot site specific performance issues, escalating to developers for software fixes or implementing database improvements.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor peers in data subject matter expertise.
Enjoy working in the beauty of The Bahamas!.
If you want to make a difference and have what it takes to change the world we want to hear from you.
Healthcare Insurance for employee and dependents
15 days paid vacations
10 paid federal holidays
Bonus up to 20% Based on performance