Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employs over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Finance Transformation Leader.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Demonstrable strong operational Financial and Management Accounting experience, critical understanding of the Financial Accounting operating policies, intercompany.
- General business understanding of the operational cycles within Financial Accounting at the company including Budget planning, Month-end cycles, Banking processes and reporting (statutory, local and group).
- Strong understanding of both Direct and Indirect Tax frameworks and associated reporting, and therefore associated business & its dependencies.
Design new improved and standardized business processes
- Work with Functional leads and SSCs to define and implement a best practice, standardized methodology to complete the assessment (and mapping) of processes to be transformed and identify:
- Core competency capabilities which can be performed centrally
- Automation opportunities in processes
- Transactional activities, often low value or low risk (high volume) which can be transferred
- Activities that can be eliminated or consolidated via improved process
- Re-skill activities, training, and support
- Identify value capture opportunities and country activity to FTE mapping
- Define and agree with Country leadership the Business Benefits and Value levers which Transformational projects enables.
- Identify IT requirements and other dependencies for new demand
- Manage carefully stakeholders to ensure transparency and buy-in
- Validate with Functional Leads and key stakeholders the final TO BE processes
Drive change management, align stakeholders and promote operation excellence culture
Lead transitions following a standardized methodology
- Implement the transition methodology with the business and enablers to ensure the successful transition of services to the SSCs
- Agree to detailed transition plans with clear milestones and timelines, identifying interdependencies
- Project manage the transition process ensuring the transition plan, timetable, systems readiness, knowledge capture, and transfer, process documentation, transition sign off, risk review and management, service provider capability and IT systems requirements are coordinated in an effective manner
- Ensure effective project, stakeholder and change management tools and processes are in place and that these are used effectively throughout the transition, including a detailed knowledge transfer and training plan
- Specific focus on communication with people to ensure alignment, understanding, and buy-in
- Undertake due diligence of local country business to assess as-is operations, to validate processes that are included in the scope
- Ensure a smooth handover of services to operations such that the transition has minimum impact on operating service levels throughout
- Ensure that a robust monitoring process is implemented and rigor is established to resolve process inefficiencies, manage any backlogs and capture lessons learned in the Go-live and stabilization phases
Manage transition reporting and escalation
- Ensure timely reporting of project status, including KPIs, to PMO and manage timely and effectively escalations when needed to ensure a successful transition
- Ensure risks are appropriately managed and mitigating actions are in place to ensure continuity of service and minimum disruption to both existing operations and the processes to be transitioned
Deliver Efficiency and continuous improvement
- Lead the execution of continuous improvement initiatives following structured methodologies
- Review and benchmark existing end to end process performance (across functions, in operations and SSCs)
- Identify and prioritize improvement opportunities to build the roadmap focused on efficiencies
- Partner with Functional Leads to identify focus areas for continuous improvement based on Functional Leads priorities and objectives
- Synchronize with ESM team to prioritize the tooling and technology portfolio to achieve efficiencies
- Support the local operations in the baselining and resources ramp down the definition
- Develop roadmap and prioritization of products that would benefit from Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Work with SSCs teams to ensure optimal implementation and adoption of RPA