Our Client is one of the largest companies in the entertainment industry and is currently in the market for a Financial Analyst in the Content Acquisitions & Original Productions department to join their team.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Basic knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Understanding of FX conversion rates
- Track and review Programming Requisition Forms for Finance approval.
- Actively participate in budget, Re estimate and forecasting process.
- Work closely with Business Affairs to obtained signed agreements.
- Work closely with major studios and distributors to obtain necessary information to process programming payments in accordance with signed agreements.
- Calculate monthly programming costs, assets and liabilities and work closely with accounting to post entries to the general ledger.
- Work closely with accounting to prepare monthly reconciliation of all relevant programming accounts.
- Work closely with coproduction companies to track production costs and provide management summary of project status.
- Manage relationships with and provide support to cross-functional business partners.
- Draft Accounting memos related to accounting for original productions and acquired content
- Lead process improvement projects within the department
- Prepare monthly reports on programming performance and metrics.
- Aid programming executives in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Work with Business Affairs and Programming to ensure receipt of contractually required information.
- Provide assistance to internal/external auditors.
- Ah hoc financial reporting and analysis
Education / Training
- BS Degree in Finance / Accounting
- 4-6 years experience w/ Financial Analysis