Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider that serves 50 million customers and employees of over 12,000 people around the world.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
As Manager, Forensic Audit & Compliance you will be key to the organization’s efforts to identify and mitigate financial, operational, and compliance risks. As part of their team, this position conducts a variety of local, regional and enterprise-wide audits and special reviews including sensitive investigations into misconduct including fraud, corruption, anti-money laundering, and other Code of Conduct violations, ultimately protecting from reputational damage, financial loss, and disruption of operations.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, or equivalent (post graduate qualifications in a related field are also preferable)
- Professional qualifications are desirable, including Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Assist audit leadership in the development of the audit plan and risk assessment to ensure relevant and timely evaluation of governance, risk management, and control processes
- Executes the annual audit plan to obtain sufficient, reliable, relevant, and useful information regarding the design and effectiveness of identified processes
- Manages the testing and documentation of processes and computer system records for integrity and accuracy
- Manages the audit plan schedule, evaluating and communicating changes to audit leadership in a timely manner
- Develops, implements and monitors project plans to ensure engagement delivery in accordance with project budgets and timelines.
- Works with management in all areas to define the audit function as it relates to overall business activities
- Supervises audit staff throughout engagements to ensure efficient and effective use of audit resources
- Reports audit findings and discrepancies and ensures that audit issues are well defined and root causes are identified
- Plans, scopes, and performs internal audits and risk assessments within established business process controls
- Performs quality assurance reviews of audit project work papers to ensure compliance with established policies and applicable standards
- Performs engagement-level risk assessments to identify key objectives, associated risks and mitigating controls based on audit scope.
- Tracks and communicates progress towards established engagement goals and milestones to customer and project leadership.
- Discusses engagement results, their impact, and recommendations with audit leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Ensures audit reports clearly communicate identified risks, issues, recommendations, and management corrective actions.
- Monitors corrective action taken by management to resolve audit issues identified during audit engagements.
- Communicates engagement results to provide stakeholders adequate awareness of the state of governance, risk management, and control processes.
- Identifies appropriate stakeholders within audit, management, and external parties.
- Presents identified issues, recommended actions, and opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinates with external auditors and regulators on the results of the external audits of the company’s processes, controls, systems, or reports.
- Facilitates the request and collection of relevant information.
- Organizes meetings between external parties and members of management.
- Councils management on requirements and requests of external parties. Supports the communication of results and any needed corrective action
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to update and develop analytic tests to detect fraud/corruption related red flags
- Work closely with Finance, Legal, Compliance, Risk, HR and other departments to review and implement policies, procedures and controls to mitigate identified risks
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned
Forensic Audit / Internal Investigations:
- Conduct forensic reviews, fraud and compliance risk assessments, and internal investigations across multiple locations.
- Scope of work intended to identify risks/exposures to FCPA, anti-bribery, theft, fraud, embezzlement, conflict of interest, collusion, kickbacks, records falsifications, etc.
- Design and execute key areas of investigations including assessing risk within diverse company operations, designing investigative plans, conducting highly sensitive interviews, and evaluating allegations of misconduct and violations of the Code of Conduct
- Prepare and review reports as well as present and communicate findings identified during investigations to Internal Audit leadership, E&C, and management
- Coordinate and oversee the collection and analysis all relevant facts related to a specific allegation and to support or refute suspicions or allegations
- Lead fact-finding as well as admission-seeking interviews
- Identify and define control issues and root causes, provide effective recommendations and solutions to identified issues
- 7+ years of experience in internal/external audit (preferably Big 4) or advisory/broader finance risk management experience, fraud examination and investigation, anti-money laundering, preferably within the telecommunications industry
- Interview and interrogation training experience is desirable
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory position
- Knowledge of the Telecoms sector from a technical, operational and/or commercial perspective
- Working knowledge of processes and configuration within Oracle R12 and/or SAP
- International experience, particularly in Latam and/or other developing economies
- Experience with Data Analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, ACL, SQL etc.) and application systems
- High level of integrity and discretion, and clear understanding of confidentiality of data and information.
- Ability to evaluate financial and/or operational business processes and technology, identify risks and evaluate controls
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and accounting requirements, SOX/internal controls and professional auditing practices including IFRS and USA GAAP basic knowledge
- Detailed oriented approach to work.
- Investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of auditing processes/procedures.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to (support/mentor others and) share and impart knowledge.
- Positive and energetic.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Enjoys working with technology in both a professional and personal manner.
- Strong business partnering competencies – ability to liaise with individuals at all levels across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines.
- Multicultural competence.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both oral and written.