Interested in the Hospitality industry? we are looking for a Front Desk Manager to work for an excellent boutique Hotel.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Previous experience as Front Desk manager or Assistant Front Desk manager.
- Spanish (strongly preferred).
- Opera knowledge (strongly preferred).
- Experience managing +10 employees is a plus.
- Organized, proactive, strong sales & customer service skills.
- Ensure staff is prepared to deliver impeccable service (Front Desk Agents, Bell Staff, and Security).
- Maximize room revenue by executing Sales Strategy, up-selling and managing inventory.
- Ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Act as MOD during weekend and holidays.
- Establishes and upholds standards, policies, and procedures for the Front Office staff.
- Handles escalated guest complaints and requests as needed while also encouraging empowerment.
- Works with Sales and Revenue managers regarding guests and groups.
- Ensure Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
- Consistently monitor the performance of team members on an on-going basis and provide feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address team member complaints and resolve problems.
- Supervise the staff and handle any team member situation.
- Properly handle all administrative work with regard to interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals and terminations of staff.
- Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
- Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Prepare and submit guest incident reports when needed.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Prepare SOPs and make sure the department is operating smoothly.
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare/approve payroll.
- Conduct/ensure the training on all new employees.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the department.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.