Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Global Health Safety and Environment Manager, to join their team in Coral Gables, FL.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 10 years of EHS experience, including 3 years of people management
- Bachelors level degree in sustainability, environment, or related discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of OSHA, EPA and other applicable industry environmental, health and safety standards
- Certification in an EHS related discipline and/or further education is a plus
- Experience communicating with federal, state, and local authorities regarding EHS issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Solid English and Spanish; bilingual a plus.
- Ability to travel extensively
- Direct and manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive environmental, health and safety policies and procedures that are compliant with international standards and promote continuous improvement.
- Responsible for recognizing and evaluating safe workplace conditions and conducting measurements as appropriate to provide options for minimizing or eliminating risks that impacts people, property and/or the environment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally vertically and horizontally within the organization to drive EH&S solutions to assigned areas of focus.
- Provides the leadership, direction and support necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations to meet or exceed relevant internal and external safety and environmental standards in a manner consistent with sound business practice.