Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider that serves 50 million customers worldwide. They are currently looking for a Financial Reporting Senior Specialist in Lease Accounting to join their team!
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
We are looking for a group accounting expert and business owner of lease accounting. Responsible for the implementation of the new lease accounting tool (IFRS 16 and ASC 842), from a technical accounting and financial reporting standpoint.
Qualifications / Requirements
• You have a Bachelor in Accountant, Finance, Accountancy. Master’s degree is a plus.
• You have a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience in an international environment, past experience in a big four company as an external auditor is an asset
• You have an extensive IFRS and US GAAP accounting experience, mainly in lease accounting
• You have a thorough command of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HFM – eBS (Oracle suite)
• You are fluent in English and Spanish
• Any previous Telecoms or related industry experience will be considered as an asset
• You are professionalism and customer focus, solution oriented and with strong professional skepticism – you like to challenge the existing
• You are passionate and curious person with drive, willingness to make things happen in a fast moving and multi-cultural environment, dynamic and proactive
• You have strong quantitative, analytical organizational and communication skills and have the ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
• Leading by Connecting: Connect people; stimulate collaboration and growth in teams across functions, operations and different cultures. Share experience and knowledge that leads to a learning organization, creating sustainable expertise which drives the development of people and innovative products,
• Leading by Delivery: Anticipate situations and take initiative to overcome them. The result is a swift and on time delivery of qualitative and quantitative results.
• Leading by Vision: From analyzing the situation inside and outside the company and seeing opportunities until communicating the vision of the company including new ideas for sustainable business strategies, products, services and ways of working. The end result is an inspiring vision on how to succeed in our markets with our consumers in the center.
• Leading by Change: From embracing change until leading and facilitating the implementation of change and handling of resistance for senior people. The end result is an on time implementation of change projects and actions while maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment.
• Leading by Owning: Take responsibility for own results as well as for company results and values. Stimulate this attitude in others, make co-workers accountable. The end result is pro-activity, creativity and motivation: capable people who take ownership.
• Group expert and point of contact for lease accounting (IFRS 16 and ASC 842)
• Business owner of lease accounting tool(s), including yearly discount rate updates, accounting logic maintenance.
• Lead and support the implementation of Nakisa (new lease accounting tool) from a technical accounting and financial reporting standpoint
• Assist in the analysis and IFRS and US GAAP technical guidance in key transactions and events enterprise wide
• Development and enhancement of IFRS/US GAAP accounting policies / policy manual / trainings
• Assist core team on US GAAP transition project
• Ensure SOX compliance on specific processes (Mainly lease accounting)
• Assist on M&As (due diligence, valuations…) and integration of new acquired companies (accounting policy alignment, IFRS implementations, PPAs)
• Move the reporting department to the digital era
• Liaising with auditors on key issues
• Development and delivery of IFRS training materials
• Ad-hoc projects as and when required to support finance functions