Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Head of IT , to join their team in Asuncion, Paraguay.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
As Head of IT, you will take ownership of the delivery of all company’s IT services (IT product development, IT office, IT support function HR, finance), to ensure customer excellence in the most effective and efficient manner.
Through outstanding leadership, ensure cross-functional cooperation and communication, and all necessary integration efforts to deliver in a timely and cost effective manner IT solution matching Business requirements .
Follow and contribute to the operating and technical strategy guidelines of the group in IT domain.
Lead the implementation of the group IT architecture and development process.
Drive the development of all the IT staff in terms of both leadership and expertise.
As part of Factory Management Team you contribute to the creation of technology strategy aimed at positioning the company as a recognized market leader in customer satisfaction, by leading all efforts to deliver a superior end to end Customer Quality Experience.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications and/or information technology, engineer, business management or related field. Masters degree is a plus.
- 15+ years of experience, including 5 years in managing and directing the IT department for a medium/large public or private sector organization.
- Solid technical understanding of IT telecom landscape such as OSS/BSS domains and associated standards (e.g. TMForum)
- Substantial Information Technology experience or knowledge across multiple platforms (Windows, Unix, database engines, middleware servers, virtualization, scalability, etc.), development methodologies (SCRUM, agile, internal, outsourced, software factory, etc.),
- Understanding of software architecture design (microservices, SOA, APIs, SSO/OAuth and security practices, etc.),
- Proven experience or knowledge of software development, Internet technologies and programming. Fully aware of development lifecycle components (application design, testing, quality and stress test, security, versioning),
- Familiar with various IT trend in term of virtualization, SaaS, hybrid cloud
- Knowledge of Datawarehouse, Bigdata, Information Management
ORGANIZATION & PEOPLE
- Help implement the Global and Local factory model, securing full clarity on roles, responsibilities and adequate technical and business related competencies along with relevant key performance indicators.
- A team leader used to managing highly technical teams. Preference for the proven ability to manage IT teams of at least 70 people
- Track record of implementing successfully modern agile software development across an entire organization.
- Crystallize all possible synergies around systems, platforms, resources between the different technology domains
- Demonstrated track record of attracting and challenging highly skilled technology professionals to not just innovate, but develop products in complete alignment with business and market needs.
- Manage talent including recruitment, development, training and retention of key staff in accordance with company’s Strategic Plan and Human Resources policies
- Ability to empower employees, giving constructive feedback on a regular basis whilst acknowledging and celebrating team accomplishments.
- Ensure that the company’s culture and values are reflected across the entire organization.
- Actively participate, directly or through the Factory team, to the different Millicom cross fertilization initiatives.
CONSUMER AND BUSINESS SERVICES DELIVERY
- Participate in the elaboration of the Yearly Product and Solutions Roadmap by actively engaging and understanding the end-to-end needs of the commercial and support functions
- Deliver the agreed IT roadmap, according to the Millicom software development framework, and within the Product Delivery process methodology
- Display a strong business mindset with an ability to leverage on his/her deep technical knowledge.
- Ability to understand business strategy and related business drivers to technological enablers and projects.
- Capability to work closely with B2B and B2C department to translate business requirements and product evolution into a IT solution cost effective and operationally sound
- Lead the preparation, delivery and execution of a yearly detailed end-to-end IT architecture evolution, capacity demand, new product and system development and implementation. Such plans shall guarantee both efficacy (i.e. the expected results) and efficiency (i.e. the most optimized way to deliver the expected results)
- Implement, maintain and contribute to improve all Factory development processes in particular the transformation towards an agile centric way of working.
- Ensure modern software development methodologies and associated tooling are adopted across the department.
- Support the push towards digital adoption through implementation of truly digital customer journey.
- Prioritize highest impact projects with senior management in Categories, Markets and Functions to support delivery of critical projects on time, on scope and budget,
- Ensure waterfall and/or agile methodologies are being utilized appropriately in all relevant areas of the IT department.
TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS STRATEGY
- Understand the business, the technology aspects and the consumer trends that support it in the short term as well as in the medium/long term.
- Translate the business understanding and consumer trends into an integrated, cohesive and cost effective IT roadmap that can effectively and efficiently support the business current and future performance and expansions,
- Study, understand and incorporate appropriate new and innovative technologies, partnerships and processes, reducing time to revenues and cost, and strengthening decision-making capabilities
- Actively participate to all new product development discussions to deliver the most effective and efficient IT solutions.
- True partner to support function such as HR and finance to ensure most efficient digital implementation of HR and finance processes.
PROFITABILITY & COST CONTROL
- Track, and control the IT annual operating expenses and capital budgets,
- Deliver in a timely and cost effective manner all IT CAPEX commitments
- Constantly control and optimize IT OPEX by supporting the preparation and execution of an annual actionable cost savings plan as part of the budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high capacity to adapt to changing business and organizational conditions,
- Ability to lead change and transform organization to modern agile way of working,
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal),
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community and to work collaboratively with management teams throughout the organization and to be seen as a valuable expert resource to be sought out,
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills required,