Our client is a gourmet market that provides a unique experience for customers regarding the high quality and special selection of products in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere, and they are looking for a Human Resources Manager to oversee an organization’s daily administrative functions.
You will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing activities such as staffing, strategic planning, and dealing with employee questions and concerns.
As Human Resources Manager you will be the liaison between upper management and all other employees, so they play an important role in building and maintaining company culture through the hiring process and employee relations.
Qualifications / Requirements
• A bachelor’s degree in human resources, labor relations, organizational development, business or related area; relevant work experience may be a substitute.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid understanding of MS Office.
• Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software. Experience with ADP Workforce Now is preferred.
• Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork.
• Experience with analyzing data to guide strategic employment planning.
• Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
• Leadership and coaching skills
• Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail and analytically driven.
• English and Spanish speaker (preferred).
• Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
• Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations.
• Generate official internal documents such as offer letters, appointment letters, salary slips and warning letters.
• Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities.
• Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research; keeps the strategy up to date.
• Maintain physical and digital files for employees and their documents, benefits and attendance records.
• Create employee engagement plans, getting necessary budget approval and initiating activities.
• Evaluate employee performance and appraising their pay scale accordingly.
• Take appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate rules and regulations and addressing employee grievances.
• Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state and federal regulations.