Our client is in search of an Immigration Law Paralegal with knowledge of filing Labor Certification, Immigration Law, preparation of DS-230I & II, I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-601, I-730, N-400, N-600, DV Green Card Lottery and Consular Processing. Duties include assisting attorneys in the handling the following:
Qualifications / Requirements
- Experience in Immigration law is must.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish plus
- Preparation of Immigration Forms and Applications, Consular Visas, Appeals, Civil Litigation.
- Draft Complaint, Answer Interrogatories, Discovery
- Schedule Hearings, Filing of Documents, Translation of Documents, Interpreter, and Client Relations.
- Obtain and assemble documents for immigrant visa interview.
- Prepare client for immigrant visa interview.
- Follow up with client to ensure receipt of immigrant visa and prepare information on maintaining lawful permanent residence and the responsibilities of having such status.
- Assist attorney with determining case issues and planning case strategy.
- Investigate, compile and digest facts of the case
- Research and analyze legal sources
- Prepare appropriate forms regarding client matters before the Departments of Homeland Security, State, Justice and Labor.
- Draft correspondence to clients, courts, attorneys, etc.
- Coordinate with client to assemble documentation, complete questionnaires and forms, review case status, etc.
- Develop, maintain and administer tickler system, database, master dockets and calendars.
- Review file on a regular basis, consult with attorney and prepare regular status reports to client.