Our client is a leading company in the IT field. They are currently looking for a Internal Audit Business & Compliance Director to join their team.
Qualifications / Requirements
- +7 years of Big 4 (or similar risk consulting/legal firm/large corporate) experience in internal/external compliance/AML audit or broader compliance/AML risk management
- Working knowledge of relevant international compliance and AML legislation, including UK Bribery Act and FCPA requirements, along with other equivalent local laws in company’s markets
- Knowledge of the Telecoms sector from a technical, operational and/or commercial perspective.
- Must have prior leadership experience in the Internal Audit function of a U.S. public company.
- Forensic auditing/investigation experience related to corruption issues.
- Enterprise Risk Management experience is a plus
- International experience, particularly in LATAM and/or other developing economies.
- Proficient in using computer analysis software (e.g. ACL, SQL, Tableau, Excel etc.) and application systems.
- Provides leadership and oversees the execution of the Internal audit vision and strategy by supporting and actively collaborating and engaging with the team and business partners.
- Oversees the internal audit budget, including negotiation and supervision of contracts with third-party providers.
- Supervises and manages the internal audit team and the execution of internal audit projects and risk management activities, including co-sourcing partners, to ensure effective and efficient utilization.
- Oversees finance, operational, compliance, and AML audits and other assurance and advisory reviews, recommending appropriate staffing requirements to complete the audit and coordinating/directing activities of audit staff.
- Leads the review of policies, financial/operational processes, and compliance-sensitive activities, including potential bribery, corruption, and books and records issues within the business in order to determine and recommend the nature, scope and direction of proposed audits. Design procedures to meet the audit’s objectives, whether as part of the annual plan or any ad-hoc request for support from the business.
- Supervises and reviews testing and walkthrough procedures to assess both the design and operating effectiveness of financial, operational, and compliance (including AML) related controls carried out by the business.
- Develops remediation/improvement actions to address noted deficiencies, in co-ordination with the Group Compliance and Finance and Commercial teams to ensure alignment with their overall strategy.
- Designs and implements processes to consistently deliver high-quality, timely work products, including the design and implementation of data analytics to increase effectiveness and efficiency of projects.
- Coordinates the Legal and Compliance team in the delivery of complex investigations on a variety of issues.
- Conducts oral and written presentations to all levels of management and other stakeholders, as appropriate, during and upon the completion of audit and advisory projects, potentially delivering difficult messages where required. Ensures the audit closing presentation is prepared within the established deadline.
- Prepares the draft audit report for review by the VP Internal Audit and eventual distribution to the local Operations, Group Management, Compliance and Business Conduct Committee, and the Audit Committee.
- Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken on audit recommendations.
- Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies, considering how to effectively use technology and data analysis techniques to improve audit coverage and insights to management.
- Leads the development of the risk-based annual Internal Audit plan, ensuring risks are appropriately identified.
- Builds and enhances relationships across the organization, supporting Finance, Commercial, Compliance, and AML colleagues to drive strategic finance, operational, and compliance objectives into the business and advising colleagues on leading practices.
- Be a great business partner; establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team, co-sourcing partner, external auditors, and with leaders across the business
- Sets a high standard and clear expectations for the team; challenge, encourage, motivate, and inspire individuals to maximize their potential to achieve individual and department objectives.
- Sets annual goals and objectives for the team and conducts performance evaluations. Trains and provides guidance on auditing tasks and procedures, ensuring all work is completed objectively, professionally and in accordance with corporate and industry standards.
- Maintains continual personal development to ensure understanding of the business strategy, market conditions and changes to the audit profession; also promotes the growth of other team members to further the success of the Internal Audit team.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or equivalent combination of related work experience and education
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Relevant certifications such as CPA, CAMS, CFE, CISA, or CIA