Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employs over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for an Internal Controls and SOX Analyst. An integral part of our client’s Business Control Group, a team that aims to provide practical hands-on support to all our operations to enable them to design, implement, stabilize and optimize their internal controls. You will be responsible for documenting, testing and designing remediation plans relating to Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR) across our LATAM operations.
This is an excellent opportunity for applicants currently working in Internal Controls, External Audit, SOX compliance or Internal Audit to develop your knowledge of ICoFR in a fast-paced leading telecommunications and media multinational Group.
Qualifications / Requirements
Required technical skills and experience
- Detailed understanding of financial and finance-related processes and controls particularly in the areas of order to cash and related IT General Controls
- Good knowledge of SOX 404 requirements, processes, documentation and remediation
- Control documentation and control testing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with ERP systems in particular Oracle eBusiness suite and SAP is an advantage with a capacity and willingness to learn
- Experience with sales/revenues systems with knowledge of telecommunications/utility billing and revenue processes and systems an advantage
- Knowledge of IT General Controls (ITGC)
Communication, leadership and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills – fluent English and Spanish essential
- Tenacity, commitment, and personal drive to deliver whatever it takes
- Proactively liaise with peers across corporate functions, partner with colleagues across our LATAM markets and with external consultants
- People management – ability to influence, cajole, direct where appropriate. Ability to judge when to support, when to intervene and when to escalate
- Relationship management and business partnering skills – proven experience of building, developing and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders, especially senior management
- Root cause analysis – understanding an issue or complex problem, the key drivers behind it, then working with the process owners to define and action plan and support the implementation of a sustainable solution
- Project management and scoping of work plans
- Attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Assist with scoping of financial processes and control activities relevant for ICoFR
- Perform and coordinate walkthroughs of business processes and key controls
- Evaluate existing control design and, where required, recommend improvements
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure that control design/performance improvements are implemented in accordance with agreed timelines
- Follow-up on the implementation of improvements, developing metrics and collect data to identify root cause for delays.
- Perform and coordinate control test work, evaluate findings and report back on required actions
- Organize, lead and facilitate cross-functional finance/business process owner teams through remediation efforts.
- Act as a liaison between our external consultants and internal stakeholders such as Global Business Process Owners, ERP center of excellence and Group Internal Audit.
- Act as a country lead for some of our LATAM operations ensuring proper and timely communication, coordination/follow-up on the implementation of global initiatives driven by the Group Business Controls.
- Review completed work papers/controls documentation produced for consistency and re-performance standards.
- Contribute to the development of technical training courses, communications and guidance material for internal control community usage.
- Provide regular progress reports
- Be an ambassador for control improvement across all businesses; promote sharing of knowledge and best practices between businesses.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Internal control knowledge databases – Sharepoint
Education / Training
- Established financial controls specialist with experience in a similar internal audit/internal controls/SOX compliance function and/or one of the Big 4 firms
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Qualified accountant, internal auditor or equivalent post-graduate professional qualification
- Experience of working in a complex multinational and multicultural corporate environment
- Knowledge and experience in the telecommunication industry an advantage
- International travel will be required.