Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider that serves 50 million customers worldwide. They are currently looking for a IT Network Security Engineer to join their regional team!
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
You will be responsible for providing Security and network connectivity for virtual networking services, implementing, and supporting the Software Defined Network (SDN), and providing support for the cloud coverage platform.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 5 years’ experience on Security and network connectivity for virtual networking services
- Experience and Knowledge on Networking, virtualization, specific knowledge described in the technical skills.
- Intermediate English level, Good communication skills.
- Work with functional engineering teams to deploy Connectivity and security services in the cloud platform and other Networking external elements.
- Work with functional engineering teams to triage, analyze, resolve incidents, problems and resolve automation and testing failures
- Design and deploy connectivity for different platforms with Security embedded.
- Work with functional engineering teams to design and deploy automation blueprints and associated workflows
- Identify and establish engineering processes and best practices for lifecycle management for the cloud platform.
- Build or propose necessary tools for day to day operations
- Provides security and network support for virtual networking and firewall services
- Responsible for the IP Planning and routing schemes using dynamic protocols such as BGP and OSPF and establishing proper static routes.
Education / Training
- Virtualized network & Security, including virtual distributed switching
- Knowledge of network protocols including DNS, SMTP, NTP, and SNMP
- Knowledge of network services including load balancing, routing, DMZs, and firewalls
- Knowledge of systems capacity and performance management and tuning
- Understanding of systems management concepts, processes, and standards such as SNMP and Syslog
- Knowledge of systems backup and recovery, high availability, and disaster recovery
- Knowledge of Red Hat, SuSe, Centos, Ubuntu, and other Linux or BSD based operating systems
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud concepts, processes, and standards, such as virtual data centers, vMotion, and dynamic resource scheduling
- Knowledge of the latest SDDC/Cloud/SDN capabilities and a deep understanding of categorizing Cloud and SDN infrastructure events and incidents.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware NSX technology. Desirable.
- Advance knowledge in routing protocols, especially BGP and OSPF. Mandatory.
- Knowledge of the latest Cloud technology progression to keep up with the latest trends and enhancements. Desirable.
- Knowledge of Juniper Switching and Routing elements. Mandatory.
- Knowledge of evpn, vxlan, and overlay networks. Mandatory.
- Capacity to work in a team geographically scattered (Teamwork)
- Large level of autonomy and sense of initiative (Proactive)
- Good level of communication and abstraction (interactive 360)
- Problem-solving skills (solution oriented)
- Deep understanding to perform the Root Cause analysis (Analytical)