Our client is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy – the digital-natives looking for a banking partner that understands how they live and work – providing a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts.
And They are seeking a Lending Operations Director, to join their team in San Francisco, California!
You will be accountable for launching and managing world-class consumer lending, underwriting, and collections operations for our upcoming lending products. You will have a deep understanding of credit, lending, and underwriting operations, with a working knowledge of collections. You will be working closely with 3rd party vendors to launch these operations including operations technology, processes, and staffing. In addition, you must have working knowledge in applicable federal and state laws such as TILA/Reg Z, FCRA, ECOA/Fair Lending, BSA/AML, SCRA and Reg E.
The company is in an exciting and rapid growth phase, which is why we place the highest priority on scaling our capabilities to meet customer demands. This role will expand further into Europe and other global markets.
Success in this role requires a leader to be highly skilled in these areas, while also passionate, innovative, disruptive, open, detail-oriented and fun.
The ideal candidate: has very successfully run a large (100+ member) credit and lending operations organization and can lead and motivate globally, and influence effortlessly across the company.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Fintech experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Several years in credit and lending operations leadership experience.
- Experience in building operations from scratch working with 3rd party vendors, especially lines of credit, credit cards and collections.
- Strong experience leading 100+ person organizations at a Lender or Fintech company that offers lending products.
- Expert understanding of business operations and ability to manage a multi-million dollar operating budget and P&L.
- Experience scaling operations through automation and technology.
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and business insight.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and leverage resources from across the company as needed
- Analytical, problem solving, data-driven, and results-oriented with the ability to critically audit experiences and data.
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning, and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results-oriented atmosphere
- Desire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employees
- Skilled at talent management including assessment, deployment, development, reward and retention
- Identify and prioritize opportunities and initiatives to create, grow and scale our lending operations (including collections) while maintaining focus on exceptional client experience and value for our cardholders.
- Develop a 3-year strategy, execution roadmap, priorities, and investment plan to deliver proactive support vision and scale/productivity
- Play an active role on the company leadership and operations leadership team to help develop and define the overall strategy
- Develop differentiated, proactive loan and lending support processes and work closely with engineering to refine and add more features to our back-office systems to further increase efficiency
- Work closely with Credit Risk, Business Development, Product Management and Engineering teams, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of credit/lending conversion rate, customer loyalty and satisfaction, low default rate, high collections rates, while delivering impeccable regulatory compliant results.
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity. Manage and monitor performance.
- Exceed quarterly goals (i.e., loan conversion, credit loss, customer satisfaction)
Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing the quality of service
Analyze and optimize lending and collections operations. Drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage budget, drive capacity planning and identify needs, and present investments required to improve service levels and customer experience.
- Provide strategic direction on operational issues, staffing; policy and employee development and goal setting
- Partner to develop the right organization design. Recruit, develop, motivate and engage talent to accelerate the success of the Global Operations team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals