Our client is a Miami-based, nationally certified, minority-owned firm handling real estate, full-service insurance defense litigation and commercial litigation matters throughout the state of Florida. From real estate closings to workers’ compensation to liability to litigation.
They are looking for a Litigation Paralegal to join their team: someone who works efficiently and effectively from the very inception of a case through all phases of trial/resolution/settlement. Someone with extensive experience as a litigation paralegal, organization skills, interpersonal skills, dependability, advanced writing skills, and good billing habits.
The company offers salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including but not limited to: PTO/vacation days, health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc.
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer expertise, including but not limited to: PACER, CourtMAP, E-Filing, Motion Calendars
- Problem-solve in the face of legal and technical challenges
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research, and initial case assessments
- Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc).
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Provide assistance with case settlement.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal associate degree and/or other relevant certification
- Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal