Our client has a long trayectory in delivering personal, world-class service to hundreds of thousands of aspiring homebuyers through the process of achieving homeownership in over 40 states in th US. Their annual lending volume is over $5 billion in responsible lending per year, trending over $7 billion in 2020.
They are currently looking for a Loan Officer to join their team!
This role will be responsible to build a referral network and provide loan opportunities while developing loan applicants through evaluating applicant information and documentation.
They offer a competitive training program to generate a consistent source of business.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Sales and mortgage experience is required
- Retail/Wholesale Mortgage Banking Knowledge
- Knowledge of all mortgage products, Government and Conventional
- Customer Service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Mortgage software knowledge
- Analyzing Information
- High sense of confidentiality
- Strong decision making
- High ethical standards
- Establish ongoing financial services relationships with customers and referral sources
- Consistently maintain a minimum production of 3 units per month or 36 units per year
- Complies with all applicable state and federal guidelines for database management and marketing activities
- Advise and educate customers of the home buying or refinancing process
- Complete a preliminary review to qualify potential customers within specified limits based on their current and future financial needs.
- Work with customers in-person or remotely to obtain information for loan applications.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
- Inform applicants of the loan process; assist by answering questions with timely response to requests.
- Evaluate the applicant’s financial status, credit, property evaluations and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
- Improve loan applications and documentation by informing applicants of qualification requirements.
- Assist and advise customers of the best loan product available to fit their desired result.
- Act in accordance with real estate contracts by explaining provisions to applicants, obtaining executed loan packages and collecting credit report/appraisal fees.
- Utilize management to assist in qualifying the customer when needed.
- Maintain customer confidence by following state and federal confidentiality guidelines.
- Act in accordance with real estate contracts by explaining provisions to applicants, obtaining executed loan packages and collecting credit report/appraisal fees
- Follow Minimum Origination Standards and 3/2 policies
- Complete the formal application/interview.
- Execute technological mortgage application documents with the customer
- Formally submit the loan through processing.
- Track the mortgage process through closing with constant contact to the customer and referral sources directly and/or utilizing automated systems.
- Responsible for independent pipeline management including accuracy with secondary lock execution and estimated closing dates through formal closing.
- Responsible for following regulatory rules including RESPA, TILA, Safe Act and Appraisal Anti-Coercion.
- Maintain the company’s Code of Conduct at all times and through action accentuate the positive culture established by this organization.
Education / Training
- Complete state and federal requirements including but not limited to pre-license education, state and federal testing and federal background checks to obtain an appropriate license to conduct business in all states deemed necessary by the company.
- Complete required continuing education deemed necessary by federal, state and company guidelines.
- Renewing all licenses 30 days in advance of the required renewal time-frame.