Our client is in the Chemical Manufacturing Industry and they are currently looking for a Logistics Customer Service Representative who provides their customers the very best service by keeping them informed of their shipment status and documentation, and monitors and channels communication between the different departments in the organization.
- Must be excellent at multi-tasking
- Communication with department at all times
- Process all orders in company data systems, sends porforma invoices per request by customer
- Checks for regulations requirements- (DEA, BIS, Ect. Products cleared in system) ? Works with customers either by telephone, electronically
- Set up new customer accounts in company data system-confirms clearance from Management
- Handles and resolves customer needs at all times
- Organizing information for different types of shipments (Air shipments, LCL & Local delivery)
- Completes full documentation prior to delivering orders.
- Notifies customer of delivery ,sailing information ,documentation
- Coordinating bookings with steamship lines for LCL & Air shipments
- Coordinating with warehouse ,suppliers & location for complete planning of pickup & delivery
- Upon receipt of the shipment at warehouse prepare order for delivery with all the documents required, checks for completeness of requirement when hazardous with Logistic dept.
- Following to receive POE & EEI copies from Local shipments in a timely manner
- Certified in Hazardous Materials
- Continues cross training
- To confirm hazardous compabilities of products with Logistic dept.
- Preparation of Hazardous Declarations ,for steamship line and forwards (containers, lcl & local, air)
- Provide rate quotes when necessary
- Handling Export (AES) , Documentation Distribution EEI filling ,master bill of lading proof read the b/l once received from the steamship line.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Collects and researches data.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
- Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Shares expertise with others.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS –
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hand and arms, talk and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk or stand.
WORK ENVIRONMENT –
This position works in an environment with moderate noise level. (Examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic.) Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.