Our client is a well stablished business in boating industry dealers in South Miami, and they are looking for a Marine Office Manager to be part of their team.
This role is responsible for Initiate Marine services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records through your service team.
The Marine Office Manager will lead the team into success and would be overall responsible for the department to reach goals of profitability, good customer relations and shop reputation as well as build on the current team to achieve growth.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business,
- 2-5 years of professional experience in the marine or boats industry
- Basic department HR such as immediate employee supervision, scheduling for proper coverage and assigning tasks, completing payroll reports and calculating commissions.
- Recruiting new or additional employees as needed and authorized by General Manager.
- Negotiating employee pay plans.
- Directly supervising the service office including service advisors and warranty administrator. Coaching these personnel to achieve high job performance.
- Interacting with owners and customers as needed. Assisting office and shop personnel with paperwork, deadlines, estimates and other job duties.
- Maintaining company policies such as WIP list, customer payment, proper repair order records and customer authorizations/signatures.
- Overseeing the warranty claims process and ensure proper and timely warranty receivable collection.
- Supervision of the company vehicles, forklifts and equipment and their proper use and maintenance.
- Controlling department variable expenses.
- Developing good practice work habits and department policies.
- Managing the shop work schedule.