Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider that serves 50 million customers worldwide. They are currently looking for an MFS Regulatory and Legal Expert to join their team in Panama!
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Legislative international environment knowledge, especially regarding financial and fintech institutions.
- Proven knowledge regarding contractual and commercial processes, legal proceedings and litigation management
- Proven knowledge regarding prevention of money and asset laundering.
- Exceptional ability to analyze different regulatory and legal environments, propose and articulate the best solutions and actions in order to ensure the business strategy execution across all countries
- Experience managing crisis & communication management frameworks and plans, protecting corporate image and reputation.
- Best in class communication across all different org levels and stakeholders
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to transform goals into meaningful plans
- Knack for coordinating multiple teams towards achieving a common goal
- Maintain balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- 6-8 years of relevant experience with a mix of strategy and operating roles
- Experience in telco, financial institutions, fintech or leading management consulting firm, with work within technology companies strongly preferred
- Financial services partnerships experience and network
- Experience working multidisciplinary teams with background in business strategy, legal, communication, products and commercial.
- Legal degree or similar •Masters Degree •AML certification is a plus
- Define and manage the regulatory and legal strategy and lead the agenda across all countries working actively and coordinated with Group Regulatory team.
- Own the regulatory mapping and the risk assessment
- Elaborate and coordinate crisis management & corporate communication strategy for MFS
- Advise the company’s management team proactively on potential risks and legal aspects of the MFS strategy.
- Monitor the regulatory, judicial and extrajudicial events that can impact on the business
- Coordinate and review the elaboration of contracts, partnerships, agreements, due diligence process and other formal requirements to set up and ensure the correct documentation & formalization, protecting company reputation and benefits, in accordance with the legal framework and the regulations / policies and procedures in force.
- Coordinate and work with countries’ teams to develop the policies and procedures regarding Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (AML), EKYC and Data Privacy
- Influence key executives, partners & other actors (Governments, regulatory institutions, multilateral organism, etc.) to support significant change