Would you like to work for one of the best multinational companies? Where you can grow, get exposure, and do great things? apply now
• Provide legal advice and recommendations with respect to all areas of employment and labor law, including knowledge or ability to handle employment and labor matters under foreign law;
• Assist with drafting, interpreting and enforcing of employment, separation, non-competition, confidentiality and consulting agreements;
• Manage and provide advice regarding recruitment and hiring, disciplinary warnings, terminations, restructures, reductions, selection processes, diversity, equity and inclusion, and safety compliance (OSHA in the U.S.);
• Provide legal support with respect to employee investigations;
• Provide support with respect to benefits and compensation-related matters;
• Provide support with regard to the mobility of employees between countries.
• Provide training on labor and employment policies, laws and regulations as a subject matter expert;
• Provide legal support to HQ legal team on other non-HR matters as may be needed from time to time.
Education / Training
- J.D. degree required
- Member in good standing of a state bar
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of labor and employment law preferred
- Strong knowledge of US employment law
- Experience and familiarity with Latin American employment laws a strong plus
- Fluent in oral and written (including legal documents) English and Spanish
- Previous in-house experience as a corporate employment law attorney preferred
- Experience in risk mitigation related to employee relations, hiring, terminations, and workforce reductions.
- Experience with HR policy and procedure creation and implementation.
- Experience with compensation and benefits and global mobility preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently with exceptional drafting, organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high priority projects and a keen eye to detail
- Excellent decision making and analytical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to be self-directed in a team-oriented environment and to work with a cross-functional mindset.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Takes initiative and accepts personal responsibility for work