The Mortgage Lender will explore new residential mortgage business and will establish relationships with business line partners within the organization to generate referral business. The position is responsible for interviewing new and existing customers to determine their loan needs and advising customers of appropriate products, terms and pricing, while gathering additional required information. This will entail generating a complete mortgage application, ensuring appropriate guidelines and procedures are followed, while meeting sales and quality goals and objectives.
Must have experience with Foreign Nationals
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of three to five years of mortgage origination experience.
- Proven and documented record of success in mortgage sales.
- Knowledge of conventional and government lending guidelines.
- Understanding of rules and regulations regarding real estate lending.
- Well versed in consultative selling; ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close sales.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Ability to describe products to customers and show the direct importance of the product to the customer.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Maintain professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Develop referral relationships with realtors, builders and other sources to proactively solicit business and to maintain a quality network of business referral sources.
- Partner with lines of business within the organization to generate referral business.
- Participate in business related development opportunities and community efforts to promote the Bank and generate new business.
- Achieves production goals set by the Bank.
- Counsel clients to recommend the best mortgage products for their individual circumstance.
- Ensure exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers and business partners.
- Maintain current knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedure and regulatory requirements to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Confer with Sales Managers and Underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Respond to incoming customer calls and questions.
- Re-qualify loan applicants in office and by telephone.
- Order appraisal and title commitment.
- Review and clear title problems for all non-realtor loans.
- Copy documents provided by applicant to verify income and assets.
- Follow loan through entire process, updating clients, collecting required documentation and maintaining communications with all parties involved in the transaction until closing.