Our client is a Sports and Energy supplements company with a great corporate culture, right now they are looking for a Network Administrator.
This role will perform technical work installing, operating and providing second level support for local networks, personal computers, thin client computers, laptops, handheld devices, and printers. Administer Active Directory; user accounts and profiles, security group membership, apply access permissions as directed. Perform software audits and ensure compliance with software vendors. Assist IT purchasing by obtaining quotes and evaluation of proposed technical solutions.
Evaluate processes, prepare, present and assist with feasible action plans and other continuous improvement initiatives to meet standards and requirements. Work closely with department leadership to obtain and incorporate user feedback into decision-making processes.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Experience in Microsoft Office Products (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Planner, etc.).
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and tools.
- Has a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced and at times challenging environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Provide strategic assistance to the service desk; Identify, diagnose, and resolve infrastructure problems.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented systems.
- Work directly with senior management and team members to provide pricing estimates and write technical documents for approval.
- Ensure that infrastructure network, communication, and security hardware, software, and appliances are properly maintained and updated.
- Ensure projects are completed within time and budget requirements utilizing standard project management tools and techniques.
- Establish and maintain contact with vendors for support and problem resolution.
- Promote self-service tools and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve end-user satisfaction and reduce costs.
- Monitor & support business applications (i.e. SAP, Office 365).
- Develop, test, and implement telecom/networking equipment and solutions.
- Participate in backup & recovery, archiving and retention.
- Design, develop, and test highly available solutions for DR/BC.
- Keep up with trends in network operations, communication technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures, and other external changes that may have an impact on the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in network administration for enterprise environment.
- CCNA Cert
- VLAN routing
- Cisco Meraki
- Participate in 24×7 on-call status and light travel on company business as needed.