We are helping our client, a brewery company, to hire a dynamic, high-energy Off-Premise Sales Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate must be driven, a self-starter and ability to wear multiple “hats.”
The position is responsible for developing vertical account relationships, achieving business objectives (increase sales, expanded distribution, brand priorities, market share growth, etc.) as well as managing the communication and administration function pertaining to pricing, post offs, new items authorizations, display execution and promotions for assigned accounts.
Qualifications / Requirements
- At least 5 years industry experience and selling products to national & regional chains, distributor management, etc.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination education and experience preferably with a business-related degree.
- Knowledge of State Liquor Board Rules & Regulations.
- Understanding of the industry, products, competitors and pricing strategies
- In depth knowledge of the three-tier distribution system
- Knowledge and use of IRI/Nielsen syndicated data and VIP sales reporting systems.
- Ability to wear multiple hats.
- Product knowledge/industry knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Results-driven focus and tenacious work ethic, with the drive, resolve, and urgency to do “whatever it takes” to accomplish specific goals
- Excellent oral, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to “read” people and adjust accordingly.
- Experience in personnel management, negotiation and marketing.
- Tech Savvy. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Develop Account Relationships
- Call on buyers at assigned National & Regional Accounts, as well as, Key Local Accounts with the appropriate frequency to build business in each account. Includes phone calls, e-mail, personal visits, etc.
- Develop and cultivate new and maintain existing vertical account relationships with assigned account personnel.
- Utilizing all relevant and available data (IRI & VIP), development and conduct presentations on a regular basis to improve the position of company’s beers within assigned accounts.
- Execute plans in assigned accounts, in conjunction with company’s team and distributors.
Account Annual Business Planning
- Increase company’s sales and marketing share in assigned accounts by expanding distribution, increasing feature, display and pricing activity, securing brand promotions, improving product location and other measures to meet or exceed plan.
- Develop Annual Business Plans with all assigned accounts including, but not limited to volume, distribution, market share, promotion, pricing, product position, POS placement, spending, etc.
- Manage and operate within assigned expense budget
- Communicate all pricing, product and promotion information to accounts on monthly basis.
- Ensure marketing and distributors are informed of National and Regional Account activities, needs, etc. with adequate lead-time to generate the execution required to be successful on assigned accounts.
- Communicate changes to sales, new packages authorizations, etc. to brewery operations for use in production forecasting.
Account Analysis and Administration
- Manage all relevant price, product, or other pertinent information to designated accounts, ensuring prompt notification of all information related to the company, trade promotions, and post off calendars, etc.
- Maintain, update and circulate updated National and Regional Account contact list as needed.
- Analyze internal and syndicated data on accounts to identify opportunities to improve company’s business.
- Make recommendations for new products/programs/etc. based on analysis of account needs and market trends.
- Provide buyers with performance recaps on a regular basis.
- Work & lead distributor teams to achieve retail execution objectives. Including account education, training meeting, etc.
- Conduct on going chain store audits and monthly reporting on pricing, distribution, display, and feature activities.
- Provide regular input and feedback on all competitive programs to ensure that the company can maintain a competitive position in the marketplace.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Extensive travel: 50% of time “on the road” (driving)
- Unusual/extensive hours: may be required to work long or unpredictable hours. Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Must be available nights and weekends.
- Physical: Required to lift 35 lb. Cases, and 165 lb. kegs and various point-of-sales boxes on a periodic basis. May drive long distances (up to 8 hours)
- Other: Driver’s license (in appropriate state with acceptable insurance record)
- Required to have reliable transportation.