If you are looking for the opportunity to grow and to take your career to the next level, this is for you.
Our client is an offshore cloud solution provider based in Nassau, Bahamas, and right now they are looking for an Oracle Database Engineer.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 3 – 5 years working in a computer based technical field (preference granted to those with direct Service Provider expertise).
- 3 to 5 years of database administration experience.
- Ability to install, administer, monitor, and troubleshoot production SQL Server databases.
- Skills to implement and monitor Oracle database replication.
- Ability to use database tools, such as Oracle Cloud Controller, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, and other Service Provider oriented systems.
- Ability to review and apply applicable database vendor patches.
- Aptitude to perform PL/SQL development and tuning.
- Familiarity with Linux scripting and server administration.
- Aptitude to install, administer, monitor, and troubleshoot databases in virtual environments is a must.
- Must be eager to learn and build your career in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Perform database administration duties in a fast-paced, mission critical production environment.
- Deploy Oracle databases and scripts in a Linux (Red Hat) and windows environment.
- Operate a comprehensive backup and recovery plan using a combination of tools, scripts, and best practices to deliver SLA compliant practices.
- Develop and review SQL for optimization changes.
- Diagnose and rectify database issues.
- Perform analysis of new database development suggestions, including table, view, stored procedures, and queries.
- Support production environment during off-hours and weekends.
- Candidate must be willing to provide oncall support on a rotating basis.
- Progress the automation of building application systems using Continuous Delivery technologies, such as Ansible and PowerShell.
- The Oracle Database Engineer mentors junior staff on best practice for database administration, performance tuning, and security while providing service excellence to clientele.
- Responsible for deployment, administration, and maintenance of Oracle database environments in many various configurations including RAC configurations. May include database upgrades, patching, security, troubleshooting and issue resolution, backup procedures, and performance tuning. In addition, DBA’s will provide support and direction to developers and clients as needed.
- Daily responsibilities include monitoring production environments, providing tuned system performance to high level SLAs (service-level agreement), and assuring data is protected and always recoverable upon a client’s request.
Enjoy working in the beauty of The Bahamas!.
If you want to make a difference and have what it takes to change the world we want to hear from you.
Healthcare Insurance for employee and dependents
15 days paid vacations
10 paid federal holidays
Bonus up to 20% Based on performance