A Global leader in optical retail, with a great philosophy which improves the customer experience, is currently looking for a Payroll Manager. The payroll manager is responsible for monitoring all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives, including relationships with external auditors and state and federal agencies.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of ADP, TimeSaver and Query Reporting
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Strong working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance
- Must be a team player
- Must be highly organized
- Prior system conversion experience, a plus
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish ability preferred.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (high level of English is a necessity)
- Interacts with internal departments and external Federal, State and local agencies
- Trains and supervises payroll specialist
- Maintains payroll controls pertaining to wages, taxes, tax payments, and wire transfers
- Reconciles various payroll records
- Prepares numerous reports including, but not limited to, State retirement, Federal reports (i.e., 941), unemployment report and third party sick leave
- Performs weekly audits of miscellaneous deductions
- Performs monthly reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- Resolves issues that arise within the department
- Act as payroll backup for payroll specialist
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Conduct bi-weekly and off cycle payroll for all company locations (100+) in multiple states.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Execute time and attendance (TimeSaver) processing and interface with payroll (ADP – Workforcenow).
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Apply accurate and understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Pieceworker time entry, calculation, payment, auditing, and reporting.
- Process monthly bonus incentives and commissions.
- Process payroll outside regular payroll run: Manual Checks and Off-Cycle.
- Process Holiday Bonus and special payrolls.
- Paper check and payment statement distribution to employees without direct deposit and/or online payment statement delivery.
- Audit payroll processes throughout each payroll cycle to guarantee accurate pay based on information provided.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience.
- 3 years staff management experience
- 4 years of specialized payroll experience, in multi state environments.
- Retail experience a plus
- Analytical, good excel skills.