Our client, an international leader in the telecommunication industry, is looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer to collaborate with the sales team, produce technical, architectural, and engineering deliverables that lead to uncovering opportunities and booking profitable sales.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Exhibit qualities such as integrity, reliability, authenticity, leadership, trust.
- Be confident in abilities and able to deliver tough messages with professionalism and without damaging relationships.
- Strong people leader and manager
- Ability to build confidence and trust with department members and external business partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Should be comfortable with the dotted line reporting structure.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- High integrity individual, critical thinker, detail oriented and independently pursue projects to completion.
- Advance MS Office required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Team player, able to be flexible and work well with others as a team player, as well as able to understand how own role impacts overall processes and step into other roles when necessary.
- Generate customer price quotations and develop product promotions.
- Aggregating customer’s technical requirements directly through Sales, or through a customer conference meeting, and designing a solution around these technical requirements for service implementation, understanding customer’s existing network, key locations and technical needs.
- Responsible for all technical content of the proposal process, including RFI, RFQ and RFP responses and technical designs.
- Designs complex voice and data network solutions for customer applications, including preparation of network topologies
and technical specifications.
- Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Clearly communicates the customer design to the teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing support.
Education / Training
- Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a sales engineering position within the telecommunications field.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking, including IPVPN, MPLS, MEF Carrier Class Ethernet Networks, DWDM Wavelengths and SONET digital hierarchy. SIP Trunk and Unified Communications knowledge.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish).
- Portuguese is a plus.
- CCNA or equivalent experience.