Our client is a well established and renowned name in the Pharmaceutical Industry and now are seeking a Procurement Coordinator to join their team.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Treats people with respect.
- Keeps commitments.
- Inspires the trust of others.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Collects and researches data.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Listens to others without interrupting.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Responds well to questions.
- Participates in meetings.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests and send them to suppliers.
- Consolidate orders to improve cost.
- Review orders to determine product, cost and quantities required are correct.
- Track the status of orders.
- Ensure order confirmation accuracy.
- Arrange for transportation purchased products.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Provide forecast to key suppliers to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on inventory levels
- Look for new suppliers.
- File and resolve claims with Vendors and freight carrier.
- Negotiate rates with inland freight carriers.
- Request / Negotiate pricing with Vendor in a timely manner.
- Optimize cost structure.
- Sourcing goods and services for the best price and value
- Provide sales with most economical and or product that best fits the customer requirements.
- Review/ match delivery receipts against the purchase orders, to ensure product, quantity and weight are accurate.
- Build strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers
- Contact vendors when there is a discrepancy with an invoice.
- Review inventories and maintain management informed if running low.
- Ensure payment terms are managed and optimized in favor of our company resulting in improved cash flows
- Comply 100% with of Code of Business Conduct
Education / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.